Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deeptech Vista x vs Goldenmask 4extreme

Just wondering about these machines. Anyone used these two? What are your thoughts? Thanks everyone!
I do use the Deep Tech Vista X but have never used a Golden Mask 4Xtreme

I am planning on purchasing one of the New GM 4Xtreme detectors just have not done so yet, I do own and use two other Golden Mask detectors the GM7 and the GM 4WD along with the Vista X, I prefer the Golden Mask detectors more than the Vista X, I prefer the over all build quality and shaft system that Golden Mask puts on their detectors over the Deep Tech Vista X, for me personally the Vista X feels heavier than my two Golden Mask detectors, the Vista X for me personally is a bit uncomfortable to swing than the Golden Mask detectors also, that could be due to the shaft system that Deep Tech puts on their detectors also simply because I prefer a straight shaft on my detectors over a S Shaft

the GM7 and the 4WD as well as the Vista X all perform very close to the same with the Golden Mask detectors being a little deeper than the Vista X all three of those detectors I own Unmask Targets better than any other detector I own or have used, the recovery speed on all three is very quick also, I detect on some pretty mineralized ground and all three of the detectors I have mentioned perform very good on the ground I detect
contrary to what some may say about these beep and digs I love them and will continue to use them

The one thing I have no clue about is how well they would perform on a salt water beach scenario as I have no salt water beaches to test them on

as for the GM 4Xtreme according to Golden Mask the 4Xtreme is supposed to be some form of new Tech that their engineers have been working on for the past three years, the few videos I have seen of the 4Xtreme it looks like it will be another good Beep and Dig for me to add to my collection which as I stated I will be doing in the near future, as far as I know there are not many users of the 4Xtreme as of yet simply because it is a new detector in the Golden Mask Line up of detectors, Golden Mask is also saying it is not a VLF nor is it a Pulse Induction detector it is supposed to be something new as far as Tech, the operating frequency of the 4Xtreme is Pulse-Width-Modulation, also according to Golden Mask the 4Xtreme is supposed to be 30% deeper than the 4WD and the GM7 if that is actually the case that 4Xtreme is going to be one deep seeking detector because I have dug some extremely deep wild targets with my 4WD and GM7

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, still on the fence but watching some of the vids on the xtreme looks good. I have used many different brands of detectors and the latest was a Manticore. Just haven't became one with it. I think around old house sites it would be ok but in the woods the extreme or vista may prevail .

Have you ever had your hands on a Golden Mask detector Chuck because I own 3 and all three perform rite there with the Vista X and as I stated in a lot of ways the Golden Mask detectors I own out perform the Vista X, I can not compare them to any of the other Deep Tech detectors but I can the one Deep Tech detector I own, do I like the Vista X (Absolutely) but I prefer my Golden Mask detectors over the Vista X.

if you have something useful to add to give the OP some insight then feel free but if you have never had a Golden Mask detector in your hands then all you are adding is nothing helpful at all so we are all waiting.

All of us on Finds know you are a Deep Tech Groupie, so take what Chuck has to say with a grain of salt when it comes to detectors he most likely has never held in his hands, much less ever even detected with one and most likely never will.

The one down side to the Golden Mask detectors is they have no U.S dealers at all, to get one you would have to order directly from Golden Mask which is in Bulgaria which is also where the Deep Tech Detectors are produced, Deep Tech does have a U.S dealer and that is the only upside to purchasing a deep Tech Detector over a Golden Mask Detector

Hey guys, not trying to start a fight. Was just looking people's ideas and experiences . Thanks for your insights! This forum has alway had great people that are always willing to help others. HH!

Hey guys, not trying to start a fight. Was just looking people's ideas and experiences . Thanks for your insights! This forum has alway had great people that are always willing to help others. HH!
Not a fight at all

i do have issues when someone makes a comment on a brand of detector they have never used though and its not just chuck but anyone that makes comments on detectors they have never even used yes chuck can give you a great insight on the Deep Tech detectors he makes some amazing finds with his deep tech detectors, but the Golden Mask I do not believe he has ever even held one in his hands why because there are not many of us in the U.S that uses the Golden Mask Detectors I just happen to be one that does and also the deep Tech Vista X, I use several different brands of metal detectors, they all have their good points and all have their bad points, all have their own little quirks about them