Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

deepest find

I guess the deepest was a penny at about 5" with my Vaquero and the stock coil. Of course I've dug crushed pop cans at 20".

My deepest coin find was a quarter at 9 inches with my GTI500. It even id'ed and sized it correctly but it turned out to be clad. But the find could have been skewed because I found it next to a stream and the ground was extremely damp. Found a wheatie at 5.5 inches with my Ace 250 with the 4.5 inch sniper coil. I have always heard that detectors usually don't go deeper than the diameter of their coil. Evidently that's not totally true.

Hello Findit, I found and dug a copper and turquoise Indian bracelet using the Golden uMax. The Bracelet was exactly one foot deep.

John Tomlinson,CET:tesoro:
John's Detectors

I have always heard that detectors usually don't go deeper than the diameter of their coil. Evidently that's not totally true.[/quote]

Well I don't know about that I can tell you though that I found the silver quarter two days after starting to use my Deleon so at that point I was writing everything down in my notebook as to TID, Sens, Disc, where found and how deep and I was using a ruler to measure everything I was digging. My deepest recovery was 13 inches on a crushed aluminum can, it was a complete can that someone had crushed flat end to end. I can pretty much guarantee that if the Deleon Pegs out 9 inches and a 95 reading, the target is either very shallow or a BIG piece of trash between 6 and 8 inches.

Deepest keeper? A Barber half at forearm depth beneath an old oak tree.
Detector? Silver Sabre II.

I found a quarter last winter at a measured 10" with my Golden.

Trash and cans and stuff? Stoopid depths that I dont keep track of.

On coins sized targets, the diamter of the coil is near the limit of detection. It's a physics thing. With todays low noise/high gain circuits, a bit more seems to be the case - under the right conditions.