Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep Silver Program...

Tadpole1

Does anyone have any suggestions on what settings are best in real good soil that the moles have kept turned for a long time. I'm gonna hunt a house site that was built in 1796 and I have found a 1808 large cent here. I've only recovered one silver coin which was a 1917 merc. from this location but not with the V3. I'm needing tweaks or suggestions on any program to get to those really deep silvers because I know they are there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced for your replies, Tadpole.

I like HIPRO with a few modifications. Like putting the filter to 5, autotrac on, bottle cap rej to 3 or 4, and single freq. 2.5. Although 3 freq has worked good also. Used this set up today at an old park and it kicked but, 3 silver dimes, 1943 war nickel and 12 wheat's. I also put the gain up one notch from
whatever it recommends. All the coins were in the 6-8 in. range.

Good Luck
Steve

Try High Pro ... @ 22.5 Khz only discrim 70 all met 50 and whatever your gain can handle !!! the 22.5 khz will hit small targets and also appears to punch a little deeper. also there seems less interferance on 22.5khz (no EMI issues at all, have run in all sorts of bad places now with no issues !!(i dont use the wireless headphones though) have used this with a few personal mods to the audio and have found very small deep targets which have included airgun pellets and yesterday had a pigeon ID ring @ 7"+ no problem. also wait until there has been good amount of overnight rain that will help loads !!!!

all the best rob

Deep silver is a good start I turn mixed mode off and sweep as slow as you can stand I also go +1 on my ground balance. Some people are claiming the 22.5 kHz is deeper in my personal experience the 2.5kHz is deeper and its not even close I'm assuming that's why whites engineers picked it for the deep silver and picked the 3kHz for the dfx.The ground I hunt in is very low mineralization. I would also accept from +0 to +95. Ive pulled a 9" dime with this program with a 6" coil. A lot of people use hi pro this is not the deepest of the factory presets programs and is not much different than the c&j program the hi pro program was used to show off the different color schemes this from a whites engineer.

jer4004 said:
Deep silver is a good start I turn mixed mode off and sweep as slow as you can stand I also go +1 on my ground balance. Some people are claiming the 22.5 kHz is deeper in my personal experience the 2.5kHz is deeper and its not even close I'm assuming that's why whites engineers picked it for the deep silver and picked the 3kHz for the dfx.The ground I hunt in is very low mineralization. I would also accept from +0 to +95. Ive pulled a 9" dime with this program with a 6" coil. A lot of people use hi pro this is not the deepest of the factory presets programs and is not much different than the c&j program the hi pro program was used to show off the different color schemes this from a whites engineer.

I fear you are referring to a post by me? I didn't mean to imply that if so. One of the reasons to have the program as it was was to show the colors. But there are other changes that do affect performance in the hi-pro program. Sorry for any confusion.