Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep coin signals?

Herm

So when you guys or gals get a deep coin (6" or more) signal what can I expect? Nice strong tone or will it be a whisper? Will the VDI's be tightly grouped or have some separation? Any help is appreciated, thanks Herm

Just a note on test i did yesterday..ive been hunting my lawn which property is 100 years old and was getting frustrated as i wasnt getting any good coin signals, so i dug a hole at least six inches,maybe a little lower and tried a quarter and penny...both gave a nice consistent signal on sweep in all directions...and if not a planted test it definetly would be something id dig..as it also nailed both on vdis...when rain stops gonna try another test with disc way up and see if maybe i get a pop on a piece of silver..if i got anything in lawn i believe its gonna be deep..but should still give a smooth consistent sweep but signal will be much fainter..my 2 cents worth of info...Curt

I think it depends on the detector your useing. The Ace 250
is really consistent in my opinion in its sounding off with its four tones. Some people say
they can hear a slight difference in the tones that give them an indication as to what the target
is or if its deep or shallow. I can't hear that on mine.

My MXT on the other hand does sound off louder if its shallow and fainter if
its deeper.

Katz

I get a solid signal and accurate ID at 6". From there down the volume begins to soften and the ID begins to become a bit "iffy".
HH
BB

Barber Bill is right. It also depends on where you set your gain. I use the relic mode and my gain isn't cranked (possibly to :geek: and the deeper targets have a nice softer tone to them. :happy: I love to hear those sounds! HH, Nancy

I run relic mode, gain as high as I can get it(stability), 0 disc and trigger forward. I listen for the real faint repeatable sounds and DON"T look at the VDI (it will bounce all over) "THE SOUND IS WHAT TELLS ME TO DIG" JMO
JOE in MD

Thanks one and all for responding. A couple more questions after seeing some of the responses.

Nancy could you explain this sentence to me? I use the relic mode and my gain isn't cranked (possibly to and the deeper targets have a nice softer tone to them. I don't understand the possibly to with the smiley face part.

Also on another post Larry IL was talking about wraparound VDI numbers. So I was wondering if coins will sometimes give a wraparound signal?

Thanks alot for the help, Herm

Herm, I put a number "eight") and possibly the smiley face insert sheet put that silly face there. It should read............... I use the relic mode and my gain isn't cranked (possibly to eight) and the deeper targets have a nice softer tone to them. Sorry about that. I haven't come across that before. Guess I should always type out the number 8. Hope that helps. Larry will answer your question after he reads the morning paper. HH, Nancy

Though seldom on the MXT, I would expect a large target COULD wrap around to the negative numbers. This is why some large iron targets will wrap to the positive high numbers too, which is more common.

The VDI numbers will not be accurate, I noticed, when I found coins at 8 to 10 inches. I also found the the relic mode with the trigger in the middle gives the deepest signals. The middle will give you a louder harmonic tone than having the trigger forward. It will be noticeably louder.