Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Decision time, after 32 years without a car payment it's time for ole .........

General Ray

Ray to buy another means to go from point "A" to point "B"

Time for a new truck :clapping:

The ole 77 Chevy is running just fine but like she is, she is getting older by the year and like the human body it will start to break down and in time that car will just say, Ray, no more cross country trips please and I know it.

That car has served me well for 32 years, been coast to coast and took me to many states to meet many here at Findmall, I even took it for it's last long run back to Wisconsin and home again to Alabama this past June, she's been good to me for 32 years, a few of you have seen this car, a few of you have been lucky enough to sit in her while she took you down that highway, their will never be another like her but I'm gonna let her go now so she can be a local car and probably live another 20 years if she finds a good home, that's the least I can do for my old friend :cool:

I'm thinking new Toyota pick up now, not sure yet, thinking Toyota because of my $300 work truck back in Wisconsin that had 318,000 miles on it and didn't even leak oil ;)

Gonna be hard to part with the Chevy but it's time after 32 years, ya think :lol:

I think she'll last for ever if she finds the right home but I want a new truck now so I can take off and head east or north without worry about snow and winter weather, I'm gonna take my time and have one by fall :thumbup:

car77-1-1.jpg

<embed SRC="http://www.barbneal.com/wav/tvthemes/taxi.wav" autostart=true loop=true width=48 height=0 volume=127>

tempted to sell it to a older guy if you want it to enjoy retirement. I've seen what kids do to nice cars, had 5 kids of my own and brough home a lot of nice cars like that. Maybe take it to a car show down there. That works around here in the summer. Lot of folks like those rigs and treat them great. Looks like you took great care of it also.... Good luck.

George-CT

A real car buff will enjoy that beauty and show it off to others and maybe that car buff will have a son that enjoys the hobby also. Then your 'taxi' will live on and on. Beautiful car by the way! JMHO, Nancy

That was a great year for those A 1977. I have had 2 Toyota pickups a 1994 SR5 4x4 and a T100 4x4 is what I am driving now, love both of them. I had a 1972 Chevy pickup, my ex always nagged me about that truck so I sold it to a buddy of my. I am still kicking myself for getting rid of it. You know you can get a bran new 350 engine for about $1500.00 dollars from a GM dealer. With a 3 year 36 thousand mile warranty. Trans for about 1000.00. that's the way to go, even up grade to a 700R4 that way you got over drive. Man you got a great El Cameo there, and there really hard to find these days in good shape.

for one right now to baby and restore as a hobby! I do think you have gotten your money's worth out of her though! She's a bute! I gave my 06 Tahoe to my oldest son for his High School graduation and bought me the Solstice. Love driving her,( but not on the interstate!) Anyway, Jordan's parents bought him 67 Camaro, and he has come a long way in restoring her. She will be great when he is done. He is the only 18 year old that I know that has 2 cars!! :lol: