Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Decision between Excal-2, Explorer SE Pro, or Etrac

Moe (FL)

Which unit would be better for the beach between the Excalibur-II, Explorer SE Pro, and Etrac?

Unit would be used for beach hunting from dune toe to surf (no water hunting or diving).

If you got the Explorer or Etrac how would you waterproof the control box so that it doesn't get damaged over time with the harsh beach environment?

Regarding depth are these units similar (w/ stock coils)?

My preference is the Excal II because it is waterproof all around so it is ready to go, but my buddies kept telling me to go with the Explorer SE Pro. They cost the same if you add the Andersen shaft for the Excal.

Thanks.

The Excal is a premier water machine. Your only going to use it on the beach and wet sand??????

The other two are premier dirt machines and you want to use them on the beach???

Quit listening to your friends. With friends like those who needs enemies.

GET A GT------------Don't wateproof it, don't change anything on it. Go to the beach and start finding stuff :detecting:

The problem with the Etrac and Explorer just one dunk in the salt water is all it takes to ruin a high price detector.The Excal would be a good choice,but you may want to consider a Sovereign hip mounted less weight and better odds not dunking in the water.I would suggest an older Sovereign in case the unit does end up in the water with less money spent and lost.

I agree the Sov is a better choice overall. YOu can hipmount it for wading also.
I just put mine in a plastic bag which I swap out every few hunts. a box of them is about $3(box of 100).

put the bag on from the control side of the box and tie it where the cable comes out with a piece of bicycle inner tube. Then push a small hole at the headphone jack and your good to go!

Neil