Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

dd coil vs the 12 inch coil

brrttpaul

can anyone tell me the difference between the 14 inch dd coil and the 12.5 imaging coil. i know the dd coils dosnt do imaging but is the any advantages with either can only afford one which will be mainly farmland and odd beach i cant find much info on the dd coil so curious more than anything

The DD coil will cut through the mineralized soil better and give you more depth as a result. The search area of the coil is bigger, in that you have a vertical line underneath your coil, instead of a round circle. Now, all DD coils love bottle caps, and they tend to give a coin signal. You can eliminate some of these by stomping your foot hard on a deep coin sounding signal (breaking the halo)and it will not ID as a coin anymore. However, a coin will continue to sound like a coin.

So, if high mineralization and/or salt is an issue, and you are after more depth, get the DD.

Good luck! I got one last year and managed to get some rings and silver coins with it.

<center>

thank you very much for the information john it sounds good. we go on rallys and so the ground varies greatly from one location to the next but being farmland there wouldnt be many bottletops/ringpulls i really am after more depth and digging the odd bottlecap would be a small sacrifice if i ever do parks etc i could always put the old coil back on

Unless your ground is highly mineralized the 12.5 will do everything the DD will do. The DD does offer a little more ground coverage.

Bill

i think i,ll go with the dd as im never sure where we going in terms of land and if it is higly mineralized then i have the coil if it isnt then i could still use the dd surely also got some nice beaches around here so the dd would be handy for that i just wanted to know the pros and cons between the two thx guys as usual you dont let me down