Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DD coil question

Both coils are great for coin hunting. The 5 X 10 is a 18.75kHx coil, if you get the 10.5 DD in 7.5kHz, you will gain some depth on coins etc. The 18.75 is a killer on gold rings, chains, nuggets and gold coins. I have both and use the 10.5" much more than the 5 X 10. You might want to consider the 6" 18.75" DD as your next purchase. It really shines in areas with lots of junk. It makes picking up good items among trash far easier. With it's knife blade like pattern and smaller size you will make far more finds with a lot less frustration when there are lost of pull tabs, iron and other bothersome junk. It can also be used underwater if you are looking for gold or coins or jewelry in streams or ponds. I consider the 10.5" coil the best all around, deepest finding coil and am glad I purchased it. It's the coil I use the most. I do always take the 6" coil to a new area in case it is junk infested. The 6" coil has pretty good depth also. The deepest coin I found with it was a Merc dime at 6", I got a good strong, repeatable signal on it. The areas I search tend to be more mineralized, so I like the DD coils over the concentric. Hope this helps.

Good hunting, John K

The 10.5" DD, 7.5khz will false less on iron, its the better coil of the two for coins and is real good for jewelry also. Very sensitive to small gold.
It will also retain its coverage at a deeper depth over the elliptical and also go deeper. It however is a good deal heavier so keep that in mind. weight on the end of the rod is where you feel it the most.

HH
Neil

I don't have the 10.5 18.75 yet I do have the 5X10 DD but I think I've only used it once! I'm just stuck on that 6' 18.75 most of my wheat's and older coins have been found with this I found a 1923 wheatie with 4 nails and foil within 4" if this coin some nails were touching the coin! I think my next purchase will be the 10.5 for added depth as the ' doesn't go to deep. I'm not sure why But the elliptical doesn't make me feel confident I don't know why maybe someone who uses it more could help me out. Grant