Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Daytona Beach in the summer

jimbo

I am going to Daytona for a week this month. Is there any use in taking my detector with me. I live in NC and rarely hunt the beaches in the summer. Just wondering. Thanks

One thing is for sure and two for certain you won't find anything without it. You may very well pay for your trip. HH :minelab:

If it's a beach/salt water detector, go for it. Nothing worse than being there and wishing that you brought it. Remember your sand scoop. HH:detecting::minelab:

Sure, it's a good idea to bring your detector. Daytona is a great beach and it has usually produced good finds most of the times I have hunted it - being from Miami, I don't get up that way too often. During the summer, there usually won't be a great number of good targets (unless you are lucky enough to come across a washout or cut of some kind), but like the old addage says, you are after quality not quantity most of the time. One target can easily make your day if it's gold. It does take some patience to find the goods at DB. Goldnugget is right on about parking - don't think about parking illegally to save a buck. Don't forget your change since it's all metered parking there - no freebies. Cops and land owners in DB can be real jerks - they love to tow you or at least give you an expensive parking ticket if you park in the wrong spots. Also, having a good strong long-handled sand scoop is a good idea since DB's sand is really heavy and hard packed and targets are often really deep.

Good luck and hope you get some gold.

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks for the info. Parking won't be a problem, we're staying in a beach hotel. I'm taking my Excal with a short handled shovel. Will let you know what I do.