Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Day 1 With NOX 800 Fresh Water Lake

Mike K (Ohio)

Well we have hit this place pretty hard with CTXs, Excalibur Ils. and in about 4 hours this was all I could find. Was glad to just get some roundness in the bottom of my scoop by the end!!! I was using Beach 2 and running sens at 22.

midalake said:
Why would you hunt fresh water in beach 2 ????

Dave

Because I've asked other users for help and no one offered up any suggestions! So I reached out to Gray Drayton "Curse Of Oak Island" And this is what he told me!!!!! You can try any search mode and you may be able to get away with Beach 1 but even in fresh water I would use Beach 2. Cheers and good luck Gary. So why not give it a try??? No one on this forum gave me any other suggestions!!!! I've asked and got no replies!!! I've had members PM me and say I've seen you have had a TON of views but no responses.. So to answer your question Gray seemed like the most experienced guy that I know of with the equinox that don't mind giving out advice when asked.... Hummmmmmmmm

Mike

Mike K (Ohio) said:
midalake said:

Dave

Because I've asked other users for help and no one offered up any suggestions! So I reached out to Gray Drayton "Curse Of Oak Island" And this is what he told me!!!!! You can try any search mode and you may be able to get away with Beach 1 but even in fresh water I would use Beach 2. Cheers and good luck Gary. So why not give it a try??? No one on this forum gave me any other suggestions!!!! I've asked and got no replies!!! I've had members PM me and say I've seen you have had a TON of views but no responses.. So to answer your question Gray seemed like the most experienced guy that I know of with the equinox that don't mind giving out advice when asked.... Hummmmmmmmm

Mike

That is not true! Dewcon gave you some information on NOT hunting in beach 2. I am not experienced in fresh water with the equinox, but however have hunted plenty of fresh water with other detectors. Beach 2 would not be my first choice either for fresh water.

I have seen topics post about freshwater on several different forums. A google search or two would help you.

Dave

Cool ring..... experience is the best teacher..... once you figure out your favorite settings you can teach me ... congrats..

bootyhoundpa said:
Cool ring..... experience is the best teacher..... once you figure out your favorite settings you can teach me ... congrats..

If I come up with something good I don't mind sharing.... :)

midalake said:
Mike K (Ohio) said:
midalake said:

Dave

Mike

That is not true! Dewcon gave you some information on NOT hunting in beach 2. I am not experienced in fresh water with the equinox, but however have hunted plenty of fresh water with other detectors. Beach 2 would not be my first choice either for fresh water.

I have seen topics post about freshwater on several different forums. A google search or two would help you.

Dave

Thanks I've looked and looked through youtube videos and never tried to just google it. I will give that a shot. Thx.....

Beach 2 would probably be my last choice for a freshwater beach. I use Beach 1 or Park 1 for coins and most jewelry. Park 2 or Field 2 will work better at getting the really small jewelry like post earrings and earring backs but you dig too much tiny trash for me. Run your gain as high as possible after doing a noise cancel and after doing an Auto Ground Balance. Use Iron Bias at 3 as the isn't too much iron on most beaches. (I run I/B at 0 most all the time but if you're new to the Nox I/B 3 may be better). Set recovery speed to 3 or 4 to get started. If it's too noisy for you, bump the R/S to 5 or 6. Set disc at 0.
This should get you started.
Tom

Tom Slick said:
Beach 2 would probably be my last choice for a freshwater beach. I use Beach 1 or Park 1 for coins and most jewelry. Park 2 or Field 2 will work better at getting the really small jewelry like post earrings and earring backs but you dig too much tiny trash for me. Run your gain as high as possible after doing a noise cancel and after doing an Auto Ground Balance. Use Iron Bias at 3 as the isn't too much iron on most beaches. (I run I/B at 0 most all the time but if you're new to the Nox I/B 3 may be better). Set recovery speed to 3 or 4 to get started. If it's too noisy for you, bump the R/S to 5 or 6. Set disc at 0.
This should get you started.
Tom

[size=large]Wow I used Beach 2 all day hitting 2 spots :( using that mode is it possible good targets maybe sounded weak? Just trying to learn what that mode would have done to the targets vs lets say park1. I will try your setup this weekend and see how it goes! I will have to read up on Iron Bias and see what that actually does so if I need to adjust it I can understand what its doing in the first place. I really do appreciate you laying this out and am excited to try it. Gonna read the manual again and try to learn what some of the adjusts do so if I need to tweak as some say I'll know why I'm changing a certain setting...

Mike K[/size]