Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Daniel and The End Time for April 7-13

First of all, I just got to say that I am glad the food restrictions were lifted so to speak. Following a diet is not my strong point. LOL.

Matthew 15:10-11

Jesus called the crowd to him and said, " Listen and understand. What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.' ''

And as I was typing this, I reflected upon myself and now I think following the diet might be easier. :rolleyes:

Any way, as it pertains to today's lesson:

Read Daniel 1. In what ways did the stand that Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah took reflect what ancient Israel was to be to the nations? See also Deut. 4:6-8, Zech. 8:23.

The food and wine that they were supposed to eat was unclean because it was not slaughtered or prepared according to the Jewish laws and the first portions were offered up to idols and false Gods. Instead of causing a scene an rebelling, Daniel gave an alternative choice test your servants. In my opinion this right here shows sanctification of God's chosen people. We are to be set apart from the world. We can follow His commandments by the Grace of God. I think we can see how this works when we look at the meaning of the names of these four men.

Daniel = God is my Judge
Hananiah = The Lord shows grace
Mishael = Who is what God is?
Azariah = The Lord helps

~Sis digger

Hi Sis Digger, good posting of God's righteous ways & how we would truly benefit for the better by following & obeying His Holy Word! What is in our hearts, the mouth speaks & a spring or fountain doesn't give sweet & bitter water at the same time; so let us serve & worship God in Spirit & in Truth & speak blessings by not cursing our souls with filthy words! Sis Ma

First, I need to apologize. My head is foggy from this Ohio weather, so I'm not sure how much sense I'm going to make.

I like that this lesson is going through whole chapters. It keeps things in context.

Daniel showed his utterly reliance on God in doing the impossible. He gave all the Glory to God also. We need to be careful not to have pride in ourselves, but acknowledge that it is only by the Grace of God we succeed in anything and everything that we do. And that everything is done for His Glory and His Plan.

Even as a child, I felt guilty that Jesus was painfully crucified for my sins. Then, after I accepted Him as Lord and Saviour, that thought resonated even deeper, but there was added to it a thankfulness. As I grew in Christ and read and studied the scriptures with the details of the beatings prior to and the actual details about crucifixtion, I thought, "Do I love the world so much that I would put my son through that?" No, I didn't. A group of us from church went to see The Passion of the Christ. Although we will never know in this world exactly how it went, my pastor said that it was the closest interpretation HW had put out. I have a hard time understanding why there are so many unbelievers. Which brings me to my question:

If people believe Christianity is a myth and that the bible is full of made up stories, how would this story of Daniel's interpretation of the king's dream convert them to believing in God?

I'm of the belief that this story, along with other scriptures, are tools in our arsenal of tools that God has given us. We do not know who He has chosen, but it is by using these tools that those who are chosen will be born again. Sow the seeds!

~Sis digger

Last week, Mike Chgo area summed up the lesson in one post. I believe it fits here also.

"Faith Strong Enough to Face Death Rather Than Deny JESUS Is LORD Is Needed."

I can't help but reflect on all the Christians who have been beheaded, the students we have heard about who were shot and killed when the shooter told them to deny their God, all the Christians who are faithful to God even though Christianity is outlawed in their country, etc. The list goes on. And I must remember to pray for our enemies.

The lesson also brought back fond memories of directing VBS and singing a song about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Those were good times and I have been blessed to understand what people mean when they talk about being on a mountain.

I'm also reflecting on my own journey in this world.

Amazing how reading the Word can take one through such a wide array of emotions. Praise the Lord!

Have a Blessed Day!

~Sis digger

And Sis Digger, may your day(s) be blessed, also! I too need to remember to pray for our enemies--Seeing what the enemy posts on FB that is allowed while not allowing God's truth to be posted makes it difficult for me to do so!!!! Righteous ANGER but need to control my heart even on that for they know not what they do and yet some truly do know at times to try & defeat Christians & Conservatives; and yet we know Jesus has already won & we who stay with Him are also winners even when the whole world seems to be going to Hell in a handbag! Amen! Sis Ma Betty!

I know what you’re saying about the junk that’s allowed to be posted and God’s Truth is not! That’s how I came to this sight . I still visit the other site because I have developed a fondness for some, but I don’t go to all the different places it has. I’m loving getting into the Word here and being able to share about it! It’s been food for the soul. CMD has the greatest treasure, so this is where I start my day.

On the funny side... we say handbasket . :bouncy:

What a Blessing I received this morning! I am not a theologian, nor do I have a degree in any of the religious studies. I have an accounting degree. So, I have always struggled with different denominations and churches and their beliefs. When I was born again, I met with several pastors of area churches. My question to them was, "How do I know which denomination was the right one?" And I still get confused somewhat between these scriptures:

Whoever Is Not Against Us Is for Us

38“Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”

39“Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, 40for whoever is not against us is for us. 41Truly I tell you, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to the Messiah will certainly not lose their reward.

and

11and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

I attend a nondenominational church and I have had this discussion with my pastor several times. He always tells me, " The key is whether or not it is a salvation issue. The rest, you can agree to disagree."

I know nothing about the Seventh-Day Adventists, except that Saturday is the Sabbath. So I have been a little apprehensive in jumping into these bible lessons. But this morning the lesson started out with this very critical issue:

But knowledge of God and of His power isn’t the same as having the born-again experience that Jesus said was crucial for salvation (see John 3:7).

Whoo hoo! Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! I am on the same page!

I just had to share that!

On with the lesson.

Read Daniel 4:30. What was this man’s problem? See also John 15:5, Acts 17:28, Dan. 5:23. - He took all the credit. He believed it was by his own hand and not by God's. He was prideful.

Read Daniel 4:35. What truths about God did Nebuchadnezzar express here, as well? God is omnipresent, omnipotent. We are nothing without Him.

Read John 3:7. Though we think of last-day events in terms of the death decree, worship, and persecution, what does Jesus say here that, above and beyond everything else, prepares people for the end of time? Ye must be born again!!! As my pastor always says," You say you know that God exists. Even Satan knows that God exists! You must become a new creation. You must repent of your sins and Jesus must be your Lord. You must be born again!"

I pray that we all Glorify God today!

~Sis digger

Well Sis Digger, I am at the time in life that I don't always Quote things correctly & I either didn't remember handbasket or got side tracked & wrote handbag--Thanks for the correction! I haven't felt well for quite sometime & do get mixed up so please forgive me everyone when I do! I am supposed to get new glasses soon & that will hopefully help me in not getting headaches daily--I ache in me bones all the time & taking Aleve helps only so much & a short time--only take two at a time twice a day unless hurting too badly! My sister just came home & said our glasses are in so tomorrow we go get them! PTL as it has been 9 yrs for me & I could get a Cataract taken off my right eye but going to wait & have both done in a year or so if I am still living that is!!! Sis Ma

Hello Sis Digger, Yes we must be born again as a new creation in Christ Jesus by His perfect shed blood washing our confessed sins away by our repentance--being sorry for our sinning against God Jehovah by accepting & believing in Jesus Christ as our Lord & Savior! I received the Baptism Of God's Holy Ghost (Spirit) which has helped me tremendously to be able to endure & overcome all things unto the end of mortality; so I, through loving, worshiping & obeying Jesus, will have eternal life with Him in new Jerusalem city some-glad-day in my glorified body given me on Resurrection Day of His faithful saints! Amen! Sis Ma

I didn't mean to come across like I was making fun of you. I thought it was one of those instances where words are different because of the different locations we live in. You know, like: po-ta-to po-tah-to.

Read Daniel 6 and then answer the following questions:

1. What does Daniel 6:4, 5 reveal about the character of Daniel? What lessons can we take from these verses about how we should be seen?

He was honest, trustworthy and obeyed the laws as long as they don't go against God/God's laws. In our daily walk we, too, should be honest, trustworthy and law abiding.

2. What parallels can we find in this chapter that link it to final events as depicted in the book of Revelation? See Rev. 13:4, 8, 11-17.

??? Someone else please help with the answers here.

3. Put yourself in the place of Daniel in this situation. What rationale or argument could he have used in order not to pray? That is, how could he have justified not doing what he did, and, thus, spare himself the ordeal of getting thrown in the lions’ den?

He could have prayed all day and all night in his head without showing any outward signs that he was praying. And/or he could have said, God knows my heart and He will forgive me for not going through the physical act of praying.

4. Why do you think Daniel continued to pray as he always did, even though he didn’t necessarily have to? Be cause he loved the Lord first.

5. What did King Darius say (Dan. 6:16) even before Daniel was thrown in the lions’ den that showed he knew something about the power of Daniel’s God? What in his words showed the witness of Daniel himself to the king concerning the God Daniel worshiped and served?

"continually rescue you."

You didn't Sis Digger--I knew you were saying what I should have written & didn't even think that you were referring to correction or anything! I forget a lot of the old sayings when I need them! Potahto & Tomahto! :lol: Here we mostly call them TATERS & MATERS--Hillbilly slang--My brother from living in FL most of his life called a Sandwich--Samich--I thought that was weird & funny --Colloquial words for a certain area are quite interesting & speaking too, as the East pronounce their Rs in a comical way; so never a dull moment if we would stop, look, listen & learn from each other! I just love listening to the Australians talk! Sis Ma

PS--I have my new glasses but the Bifocals might need adjusting as having trouble with seeing the Key Board on my LAPTOP but it sits low on a box & my table top with the Monitor might be okay??

It takes a while to get used to them. When I first got mine, they gave me headaches and I would take them off. Then I would be walking around stubbing my toes.:ranting:

My PS: Southern drawls are my favorite. Before we were Christians, my hubby would take control of the TV remote (still does for that matter) and on Sunday morning we watched all the TV fishing shows. I would putt around and not pay much attention until Hank Parker came on. Then I was glued to my seat.

I would like to hear what your thoughts are:

Discussion Questions:

Read Daniel’s prayer in chapter 9:3-19. How does this prayer show that Daniel understood grace, and that God loves and redeems us out of His own graciousness, as opposed to any merit or goodness on our own part? Why is this a truth so important not just to understand but to experience?
In class, discuss the challenges that the three Hebrews (Daniel 3) and Daniel (Daniel 6) faced in regard to standing up when their religious practices were threatened by political authorities. What similarities do you find in the two accounts? What differences? And what can we learn from both accounts about how we can be powerful witnesses by being faithful?
What does it mean to be “born again”? Why would Jesus say that we “must be born again” (John 3:7)?

~Sis

Yes that's the kind is southern accent I think is so cool. I would love to post a YouTube video, but I don't know how to do it without ads. If you can or your daughter or granddaughter can, search on YouTube for Hank Parkers story. He tells his testimony.