Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Danged furriners!...........

Wayne in BC

My buddy was fishing the other day, after catching a bottomfish and getting it to the surface, this strange "Yankee" bird came to take his fish but missed and tangled the lure around one talon!
After a mighty battle the Canadian guy triumphed, removed the hook and sent that bad boy home! He said that the bird kept threatening to tell the "King" or sumptin on him, i told him i reckoned the bird meant "Royal" :lol:
All kidding aside, the Eagle was fine and left with only some of his dignity ruffled and wet feathers, he sat on the back of the boat for a while quite calmly drying off.:wiggle:
[attachment 22850 Eagle5.jpg]
In this pic you can see the lure that tangled around his talon, my buddy reached out with a sidecutter (very carefully cause that "Yankee" bird was very Poed) and cut it off successfully.
[attachment 22852 Eagle6.jpg]

n/t

No wonder he didn't feel too threatened, He's huge!

on a light rod and I had my hands full for a while.

Lets see all the pics you have of the event. I love the pic's

but did ya get the fish? :lol:

wonder if they become so focused on the prey the block everything else out,greyhounds do that.my granddad said when he was a young man he had a pair of greyhounnds and that one time one ran a rabbit and ran right into a wire fence and cut itself up.nice pics wayne.

Right at the entrance to Bamfield harbor Mike. He had caught a quillback. We often have the eagles hanging around because folks "donate" the small rockfish to them:biggrin:

in the area. The Eagles are accustomed to being given small unwanted fish.
I also had Greyhounds which i hunted Coyotes with, your right, they are strictly sight hunters and sometimes got into trouble when the Coyote ducked under a fence.

these small "Rockfish" are caught very deep, often over 100 feet down. When they are brought up they decompress rapidly and kinda "blowup", it cripples them because their air bladders explode. The Eagles are used to people discarding the ones that are too small and grab them quickly.

my shiner died on me,so I decided to put on a fresh one. I threw the dead one about five ft behind the boat, we were drifting and a dang eagle liked to have scared the devil out of me as he snatched it off the calm water. I didn't know it was even around

n/t

I would have liked to have held the big bird...it is beautiful. Did anyone feed the bird while it was drying off? Thanks for posting the story and pictures. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)