Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Damn bears!!! :):

Micheal_R

Staff member
Just got in from a major fence repair. We were sitting on the front porch having cuppa and just relaxing after the mornings work. As we are sitting there, we hear a screeeaaach... ping! Looking up, we see, at the front of the driveway, a large black bear, ping-ponging between the fences at the head of the driveway.

For those who have not been here, we have the main road out in front of our house. Our driveway goes out to it [obviously] and on both sides of the driveway, we have farm fence. About 50 feet from the highway, onto our driveway, we built the farm gate. So there is a sort of funnel shaped area coming into the property. This bloody bear came from across the road, walked into the funnel shaped area and then tried to push his way through the fence. Literally, he ping-ponged back and forth and in each ping [or pong] he would push [screeeaaach] and then break [ping!!] the wire. He did this for 3 or 4 times on each side and then succeeded in totally breaking the wire and blundering into the horse paddock.

At this point, the raptors spotted him and were off like amphetamine laced piranha fish.... barking and yapping with the utmost ferocity you could imagine.. Now the bear is totally terrified and does not know what to do or where to go. As they are getting close the bear panics and bolts towards another section of fence and tears that out too. And the new little dog, Target, is the bravest little coward you could see. She bolted up there with the other two. However, once she caught sight of the quarry, she screeched to a stop, turned tail and raced as fast as she could back to house barking all the way. So major repairs all around.

And the horses????.... They didn't even blink... could have cared less!!! :):

sunny skies

Mikie

good entertainment for the pack of raptors, whack it, cook it up and feed some to the new kid:biggrin:

n/t

I wish that I could have seen the bear. Do you think that it will come back so that you will be able to get a picture? It was kinda funny hearing about the new dog running for the house...it is still a young dog. Thanks for letting us know about the bear...wish we had good exciting things happening around here like that. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

it is gonna be history this time next week :D You know a Chinaman that would bid on it?:rofl:

n/t

n/t

n/t

I can not imagine what a bad attack is like. I woke up at 2 am and finally got the pain gone by 4:30 a puking and groaning :D Mary was not the best Nurse either. That is some serious stuff when it is YOUR bladder thingie.

A slight bit of it might have been my fault, which might have had something to do with Mary's lack of sympathy :( I am not suppose to eat any fat but yesterday morning I ate a half pound of bacon, I never eat bacon unless we have company up here. Last night I cooked up a couple beer butt chickens and corn on the cob and biscuts, with lots of butter and THEN...... It was birthday cake time. Lots of frosting-which is just Crisco and sugar and a couple toddies. Have I mentioned the Ice Cream? :blink:Then off to bed and 2:am :(

I was actually thinking of going to the dang hospital but from the look Mary gave me, you guys know, the "You dumbass" look, I figured I would have to drive myself. No way I could do that so I just went out on the deck and lay on the floor, didn't want to keep the little princess away you know and puked in the flower bed. I tried to fart to relieve some of the pressure but through years of practice I decided that it would have been an iffy situation and I just burped. If the fart goes wrong it is not good. :(

Anyway, we are headed south in a few hours. Mary has a physical tomorrow and I get the knife Wed. I honestly am looking forward to it. Get that crap out that I don't need. Life is too short to be going through crap you don't need to:thumbup:

I am not the least worried about Wed. Looking forward to getting the thing done. Feel a bit punky right now but it is probably lack of sleep. Mary is doing the driving tonight and I am sure happy about that. The traffic is gonna be nuts

a big double hand full of M&M's :( We are about ready to head south and the dang thing is acting up. I was good today but it just don't seem to care :)

n/t

glad to get rid of it. I know I was..... That was one painful experience. I finally could not stop bringing up green stuff and went to emergency room. When the morphine came, I could have kiss the guy. The operation went very good with the small hole in the side.

Your diet is not a gallbladders friend for sure..... Good luck and a speedy recovery. Geo

been there, I would have helped you repair it! or at least try! It was neat, having visited, I knew exactly where you were talking about! :)