Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Daffodils in the woods...

Jim Vokes NY

My friend Chuck and I hiked into a woods today, down an old lane to find a cellar hole. Light rain falling into a misty atmosphere set the tone for an interesting day.

Using an 1860

n/t

Nothing better than being isolated from the chaos amongst an old ruin. Tranquility like that plus the potential for some really fine targets.........how do you beat that ?? Congrats on the nice finds! There's more goodies just waitin' for you guys.:cheers:

sounds like you have just "scratched the surface";)
That penny is older than my country! It will be interesting to see what else comes up, let us know huh?

i notice some little family and community cemetaries that are grown over,time passes us all by,maybe the small cabin site was that of relatives in a large family and they used another relatives cellar hole.

Don't forget to take your camera along. We love pictures:thumbup:

You write a fine story, Jim. We appreciate it

I recently discovered a whole new set of cellar holes that apparently have never been detected. This is unusual in this day and age. In one small 4 ft area, if found 7 late 1800/old 1900 silver and several Indian Head Pennies. My guess is that they were dropped by a hunter. But could have been lost before the house was abandoned. At couple of others, a large cent was found. Still others yielded nothing yet. This site too, is a day trip to hunt but very exciting. Most "Holes" are in the woods, some more deeply than others.

There is one that is located beyond a creek and I am looking forward to a time when I can get across that creek to detect it. Probably a dud but HEY, you never know!

How many sites have you just drooled over and then were sooo disappointing when you finally were able to detect it? Then some site you just stopped by on a whim, yields some beautiful coins.. Surprise!.. Whatta Hobby!

Thank you for sharing this one. I have a feeling this is not the last chapter of this site.

The large cent is great enough, but that bell has to be the treasure of the day! Thanks again for takin' us along.

aj

take a photo? I would love to see the old bell! How interesting that it was in the well.

We have several places here in Arkansas where people will go and pay to see all the daffodils in bloom. They are a beautiful site for sure! Wonder why this particular home site had them planted in a square? Usually, they will multiply really fast by themselves and end up growing all over the place sporadically!

Great story, can't wait to hear what else you find when you get to go back! :)