Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

D2 versus 6x10

JimNGa

Looking for opinions, comparisons,or experiences on any pros or cons of the D2 coil versus the 6x10 on an mxt.

The 6x10 has the advantage of a smaller footprint. When working in a trashy area, the narrower coil will make it much easier to separate targets. The D2, with it's larger 10 inch footprint is going to get greater depth than the 6x10. While both coils are elliptical coils, the D2 is wound differently than the 6x10. The D2 really "wakes up" the MXT. The D2 is a popular coil on all the detectors it fits, but it enjoys a special position on the MXT. The performance increase is quite noticeable.

I HAVE ALL THE COIL FOR THE DFX AND THE ONLY ONE I USE IS THE D2.:twodetecting::starwars::jump:

i sold my 6x10 due to not being very deep.i had 2 of them on 2 different mxt's and my faint signals were 5in deep. the d2 at least doubles that..ive had alot of coils for the mxt's and my 2 favorites were the sef 10x12 and the d2 10". i could not tell hardly any difference in the 2 coils. well except for weight,,the d2 is alot lighter..
so i am keeping the d2 for all my hunting and just bought a 4x6 shooter dd for heavy trash where depth isnt important..

I need and use both. D2 has a tendency to be my main coil but.....if I'm in trash or a little heavier EMI, I swap to the 6x10.(I do get some deep targets with it but not as many deepies as with the D2.) It's not a question of better. So far, record depth with the D2 is 13.5". 9.5 to 10" on the 6x10. (I don't hunt much sand and think depth would studied more if i did hunt it more.)

6x10 great for Schools and Parks, 10.5 Great for Fields and more opened areas. Have a 6x10 and a Excelerator 10.5 DD and have great success with both. As can be expected 10.5 is much deeper than 6x10, can't really go wrong with either.

6x10 easy to use & great all around, D2 a little deeper thats it in a nut shell