Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ5 or Excel detector ?????????

barberx

Thinking of returning to MD. Whats your opinions on choice between the Excel and the CZ5 ?? I coin hunt parks and once in a while get to beach.
I'm 73, little frail from Chemo treatments ( had colon surgery year ago and it had spread to liver so chemo ever other week ) looks like $300-$350 would get me in either, does this sound right ? I used CZ5 log time ago, and hunted with Excel too- only thing I remember was lightness of Excel.
Richard Grantham TX barberx2000@yahoo.com

wanting to apply your criteria, I'd have to lean towards the Edge. You might have to pay just a few more bucks for a nice used one, but it's light like the Excel but with more power, can hipmount like the CZ, faster than the CZ, better in iron and not as apt to show deep good targets as iron, with the numbers you get better resolution for target ID'ing, nice coil selection should you need something other than stock, better all metal performance than the CZ,........ that should make it pretty compelling I would think. :) The only fly in the ointment is the CZ would more than likely be better than either of the Digi-Fishers at the salt beach. Good luck with your choice and much success and enjoyment as you re-enter the hobby!

Go about half way down and there it will be. It is called a Swingy Thingy. $29.95 and well worth it for us old guys that hunt with the Exp's Gt's or any machine for that matter. Like I said I even use it on my small light machines as I don't have to lay the machine down. Especially if I am shallow water wading. Check it out. For me it is well worth the money. Later Jerry aka Tinfoil