Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ - sensitivity

Richmond_Relic

I have a CZ 7aPro. What do most of you run the sensitivity on? I am hard pressed to increase it beyone 4. It seems like if it can be increased to 6, a lot more depth is gained.. At least on a bench test. Thanks..

Check the coil you should increase it at 6 or 7 with a 8 or 10 coil in va soil ...that is your not near power lines. good luck.

Some ground or area conditions just won't let you run it any higher.
It seems like with the CZ70 and CZ3D sens. parameters were changed and just won't get over 4...For instance using a CZ6A in a particuliar area could raise the Sens. to 6..7..8 with no problems but the CZ70 4 was tops same area and same operator..3 things come to mind...ground conditions, outside interference such as power lines or you have a late CZ7A pro with CZ70 pro sens. parameters as the CZ70 pro replaced the CZ7A pro...In any case raise your sensitivity as high as you can while keeping a stable unit and the differences stated above the CZ70 at sens of 4 got the same depth as the CZ6A at 6 to 8 sens. settings. Hope this explanation helps and after using a CZ6A actually thought my CZ70 was broke when I couldn't get the sens. over 4...Perhaps Fisher may explain it better, but this was learned in field operation and not a stable lab condition where most units are tested..