Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ -sensitivity

Richmond_Relic

I have a CZ 7aPro. What do most of you run the sensitivity on? I am hard pressed to increase it beyone 4. It seems like if it can be increased to 6, a lot more depth is gained.. At least on a bench test. Thanks..

I run mine on 4 too with excellent results. Occationally in clean soil I'll pump it to 6, & though deeper it usually gets chattery there & I end up back at 4 ;) I like to tell people that most every Fisher unit runs well with sensitivity half way. A huge problem with the Coin$trike when it was released was folks putting it on 9 or 10 just to see "how deep it would go". Instead they saw an unstable unit with numbers flying all over. That's why I push 5 on the C$ & 4 on CZ's. In a non-mineralized area like the UK. you can crank sensitivity all the way up. I had a C$ on 10 over there....:surprised:
Interestingly, NASA Tom says in his writings that a CZ's max "depth width" is 4.8.....HH, Bill

Having used all the models of the CZ since 92 I really believe the CZ3D, CZ70 pro and some late CZ7A pro had the sensitivity parmameters changed...Seems like 4 is usually tops for those mentioned above while some older ones you can raise the sensitivity to 6-7-8 and only remember running a CZ once at 10..A lot depends on your mineralization ability to ground balance your unit to optimum ground balance. My opinion is run it as high as you can while keeping a stable unit and whether its one of the newer units at 4 or older ones at 8 expect about the same depth..In reallity a CZ is a user friendly unit but optimum ground balance achieved by bobbing and learning the language of a cZ will make you a superior CZ detectorist..I would assume your unit is a late CZ7A pro and sens. of 4 is just about tops in Disc. mode under normal conditions...

Bill why is it i can run my CZ20 almost wide open diving in freshwater lakes? Even on land seems you can get more sensitivity out of CZ20 compared to CZ70.

I don't think Bill has ever done much water hunting so I will give it a go...
CZ70 sens. parameter settings are different than a CZ20 and a CZ70 set at 4 Sens. will probably go as deep as a CZ20 set at 8 or so.
CZ20 is locked in salt mode so may cause differences.
Submerged in water do expect more depth in this type of ground as you would on land with well soaked ground.
I really believe some CZ's are just hotter than others and the same is true with other makes..
If you are talking about the sens. settings themselves first part of post should cover it.
Do remember a land CZ has a meter to be driven and although they both have similiar internals they are not exactly alike...which again could cause differences which only fisher tech's could answer...Just a few things to think about and hope I have helped and hope Bill adds to it as he has contacts with Fisher and may be able to answer more clearly...

The digital models seem to be a tad more sensitive and a tad deeper. I was able to compare a few new ones back in 1998 along side a Fisher distributor. He agreed that the digital models seem to hit harder on coins.. they are all great units.

John