Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ detector comparison chart - land based machines ??

sookie

Does anyone know where to find a comparison chart for the fisher cz detectors? Other than the obvious differences -

cz-20 water hunting, cz-3D enhanced , cz-5, cz-6 & 6a - weather resistant, cz-7 - digital, 7pro -added extra tone (?), etc. etc.

As I understand it the "a" being the 4 pin coil connector was up graded to a 5 pin (?) at least w/ my cz-6A, it was.

****** The big question is - for land based machines - is the circuitry basically the same? ****

I sold my cz-6a because of the weight, NOW after buying and hip mounting an Excalibur, I feel stupid for not doing the same w/ the 6a. As I am not keen on hunting in the misting rain, I'm not hunting for just a 6a. If they are basically the same in function, I intend to have another CZ. There was something about the way my 6a talked to me. CZ hunters know what I'm talking about. .

I own the cz7a and yes it does talk you.It will hit deep targets and just by the sound you will know if its junk.

Four pin was the original and after that starting with the CZ6A right thru to the CZ3D it was a five pin ..properly tuned all about the same depthwise and stability wise and certainly no tech but understand the circuitry was virtually unchanged thru the years but having used all of the models feel the newer ones handled iron a tad better. Remember the CZ20 and the standard mode of the CZ3D is locked in salt mode which may cost some depth or sensitivty to small gold . Would take me forever to explain each individual model and there has been a bunch both analog or digital and any specific questions would gladly accept an E-mail.....Detectdan@msn.com

Original CZ was a CZ-6; released in the Fall of 1991. Proto's had been running around since Fall of 1990.... and had been on the Dave Johnson drawing board and test bench since 1986. ((( Dave never felt he truly 'completed' the project.... as his time & funds were FRL restricted ))). Then; CZ-5 was released in 1992 (slightly lower cost unit for more folks to afford).

CZ-7 = Fall, 1996
CZ-7a = Spring, 1998
CZ-7a Pro = Summer, 1998
CZ-70 Pro = Sept. 2001
CZ-3D = Feb. 2004

The CZ-6 was; analog, rainproof/splashproof/dustproof... no external speaker.
The CZ-5 was; analog, NOT rain/splash/dustproof.... had external speaker.
The 7, 7a, 7a Pro & 70 were digital and rainproof/splashproof/dustproof.
The 7, 7a had "AA" batteries under arm-cup. (7a corrected a battery drain problem).
7a Pro & 70 used a pair of 9V in control box.
CZ-3D was; analog, NOT rain/splash/dustproof.... has external speaker.

Depth capabilities have been nearly identical since inception; with a couple of minor exceptions = CZ-70's were set-up so as to authorize a little bit of 'overdrive' in the Sensitivity dept. When Sens was set at '6' or above, the detector might become slightly chattery/unstable. Some areas could handle this; hence, this performance availability. The CZ-3D was also set up in this fashion; but, in addition, it will ID deeper coins (and other targets) with greater ID accuracy. I chose the NON-rainproof/dustproof/splashproof box config for the CZ-3D so as to allow more folks to afford the unit...... and analog platform as most prefer this config. --The CZ-20 is a analog CZ-5 in a 250' deep capable underwater unit.

Interesting that no unit has been able to trump the depth capabilities of the CZ platform in most applications.

IN A NUTSHELL!

Great post and might add:
CZ7A pro and CZ70 pro had a pistol grip whiles others had a standard S rod grip design..many prefer either.
CZ7A also corrected a slow pinpoint on the CZ7.
CZ7 and CZ7A were rodmount only and coils only had 3 foot cords...a ounce or two heavier than analogs but the weighting and ergonomics were the best of all CZ's.
Digital CZ's had a superior notch system while analog only had a linear disc.
Analog CZ's facets were 1-2-3-4 while digital could only be changed 2-4-6 etc.
Analog CZ's depth indicator went to 8 inches while the Digitals went to 10 inches.
Personally like the analog where you could hunt in auto tune and with the click of a knob could check it in disc.
For gosh sakes I know I missed a facet or two so feel free to add to this post..
Whoops...CZ20 was locked in salt mode along with the regular mode of the CZ3D.....CZ21 was a remake of the CZ20 which corrected a problem with pinpoint button...
If I repeated or mistyped heck on my first cup of coffee and a detectorist not a clerk typist..:shrug:

I use both a CZ5 and a CZ6A. I've had both since they came out. first the CZ6, then the CZ5. I see very little difference, if any, in the use of them. I've used a CZ20 in fresh water lakes since 2000 with great success on gold rings.

This really should be a sticky, guys. Especially for us newbies to CZ units!

Only thing I could add is early CZ 5's & 6's had Metal armcuffs and white lower rods. Later CZ5's had plactic armcuffs and brown Lower rods.
The knobs on the earlier ones were smooth and later ones were ribbed.
On all CZs below 5 on volume is modulated audio and above 5 is saturated audio.