Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ 7A battery problems - help needed!

pejeci

I am experiencing a sudden and very unwelcome problem with my beloved CZ 7A. Went out hunting last night and a brand new set of batteries (6 AA) were totally flat after one hour. I fortunately had a spare set in my bag (also new, differerent brand, bought from a different dealer) and replaced the old set..... and guess what, within an hour this new set was flat as well!! I did not test the batteries in advance but I never before had any problems with bad quality batteries. I'm sitting in far away Africa far from a dealer and any advice of similar experiences and what to do to correct the problem will be most welcome!

Last year I bought a pack of Kodak alkaline AA batteries(16 batteries) and 12 of the 16 were bad. These were brand new and never opened. The exp. date was two years off. I would bet on bad batteries. If there were two bad ones and four good ones, the detector would act just as you described.

Similar thing happened to me with my CZ-7a Pro (two 9 volt batteries). I've been having good performance with Energizer batteries.

Has anyone any experience of using rechargeble batteries in the CZ 7A? How long will they last?

When you use 12 batteries if one is bad unit won't work properly if it works at all...Rechargeable batteries used on a unit that gets 80-90 hrs on a set of 12 AA's doesn't seem like a good idea unless you have the ability to test every individual battery.
For the rest of CZ's using 2 nine volts you get about 20 hours on a good set of alkalines...For some reason 9 volt rechargeables are not very efficient and of course depends on the brand and strength., but expect about 8 to 10 hrs....

Oh, I am stupid and somewhat embarrassed! Let me explain. I bought my machine second hand some months ago. The one battery cover had been lost by the previous owner and he had the compartment covered up by tape. I never for a moment thought that the tape covered a second battery compartment, and simply replaced, at an alarming rate lately, the 6 batteries in the other compartment! On closer examination today I realized my stupidity and discovered the other batteries, flat but fortunately not leaking!. With 12 brand new batteries now installed, for the first time in along time my dials indicate 3 bars and not 1 or 2!!! Sorry guys for wasting your time and thanks for trying to help. Can't wait to go to the beach tomorrow morning!!!

n/t