Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cz-3d verus edge ID verus F75 ?? opinions welcome

sookie

Hello,
I hunt around an old town in the S.E. mostly w/ a cz-6a w/ a 5" coil ( nice sniper machine set-up). I set my disc just below foil , after a few hours of digging through the trash for jewelry and coins, I raise my disc up for coins only. Since the town has been around since the early 1800's, the "hype" about the cz-3d really caught my attention, but after reading reviews of people who have used the cz-3d and the edge, I'm at a lost as to what to do. Many claim the Edge has more
features and ID better than the cz-3d despite the newer programming. And as far as the F75 goes, the fact that you have to do more than turn a few knobs to
adjust the detector, doesn't scare me--the negative feed-back about excessive chatter, jumpy ID, and that the classifieds are full of unhappy F75'er ready to
unload it--does. I know there is not a detector that does it all, but getting close would be a nice. Thanks for any in-put

Humm sounds like I might need to check the classifies for one of them awesome ground pounding F75 machines..It never hurts to have 2 of the same unit..
Where are you seeing these units for a song and dance..I love mine.....Get the F75 and the small coil learn the machine and the cherry picking will began..
It has 5 tones,4 Disc modes,2 all metal modes,fast grab GB,manual GB,lots of options.. 2 coil options now, soon the F70 coil will be availible..not sure about the
other machines..go to tomdankowskisdetecting.com and ask the same question he is a fisher guru and I'm sure he has used the above machines you mentioned
and Finds alot of cool stuff now with the F75..:thumbup:

The cz 3d and the id edge are proven detectors also the coin$trike is as good or better with great seperation,and one of the fastest responces on the market,and did i say the best detector of all in trash.You can put a coin under a nail and the coin$trike will see right through the nail and pick the coin up.Also the tracking system is a great feature which most detectors do not have.The th and the sen on the cs is different than on other detectors. Once you learn how to use it you will rock many other detectors world.Any one of the three are great detectors and have been out long enough with many reviews to show great results.

I have a cz3d and a F75 and both are great detectors. For day in and day out hunting, though, the F75 is my swing of choice. It has the fastest target response of any detector that I am aware of and is truly amazing in trash. I have dug good targets that were under, beside and above trash items that other detectors, or users, flat out missed. I'm not seeing all that many F75's crop up for sale on the forums and the few that do are probably the result of the users not getting to know them well enough. As for excessive chatter, it does tell you everything it is seeing in the ground, including those good targets nestled among the trash that other detectors missed. For me, I want to know what is under the coil and don't consider what the F 75 does see and pass along, excessive. I don't rely on vdi all that often for determination of digging a target, but more so on tone, but when I have noted a jumpy id it usually was from being a very deep target or, a sloppy pinpoint by me. Good luck with your decision. HH jim tn

Going with what jim said on the 75. Speed and target seperation is insane. Im new to it still but my last hunt i was able to pickout the pull tab on a beer can with the can still attatched! Not two inches away was a marc at 6 in.

About all i use anymore is the edge as i have found iron junk in the same hole as the good stuff ,It might hit a diff. number id then just the coin by itself but it will give you a number I.D. that will let you know theres good stuff in with the bad,like thay say aways dig if in dought about it,Also it will give you a different number id if you have more then one type of coin under the coil i.e. a penny with a dime might give you a number of 26 where a dime hits at 29/30 and a penny hits at 23 if its not a junk zink, so if you learn the machine you have well you will be able to seperate the good targets from the bad .btw on the post of weekend cash and gold above the 14k earring hit
on a +04 where foil is and if i disk out the foil i would not get a sound just a number id of +04,So in ending this the above men. detectors are all good detectors in the right hands but if i was new to the hobby the edge would get my vote every time ,and I've been doing this for over 35 years

You have told the whole story. That is why the EDGE is my most important detector. I have spent lots of money looking for something even better and I don't believe they can make a better detector .