Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-21 upper rod floatation mod

sport.pilot

Hello Everyone,

Has anybody added anything to the upper end of the rod assembly when they are hip or chest mounting the control box so that it floats and it easy to grab after you scoop up a target? I thought I read somewhere that some people add that gray pipe floatation sold at home improvement stores to the top end of the rod assembly to help it float. Does anybody do this or know if this works? And if so,how much is needed - will it be enough if I put a length between the handle and the stand at the upper end of the rod? I am open to any ideas. Any pics would be appreciated as I am new to this water detecting thing and also a visual person. Thanks.

Darryl

In the cz21 i have theres cork/wood in the upper shaft so it floats in the upright pos. when you let it go(mine will every time anyway)
but i work freshwater might be diff. in saltwater?

iv always added the pipe foam to the upper shaft between the arm cuff and the hand grip.thats all you need to float it like a bobber! it comes in i think 6'/8' lengths cheep.about $3...i do the same to my scoop handle only you need the full length on the aluminum scoop as it is heavy. if you have a SS scoop,forget it.its too heavy. you can also on an aluminum scoop drill a small hole at the bottom of the handle just big enough to insert the spray straw from a can of spray insulation foam and spray the handle full until it comes out the top.after it is done expanding just trim off at the top and replace the rubber grip and ready to go!

Always found keeping the coil to the soil in the water with minimum pressure reduced fatigue...Heck they even make weighted coils for some units for this reason..
To each his own I guess but be careful where you put any flotation device lest you become fatigued quickly..Now with your long handled digger its another story and some are made to float and some inventive water detectorists make their own way of keeping the digger buoyant..

Dan-Pa. said:
what i do does not make the whole coil and all float,just the handle. coil stays on the bottom and handle floats in upright position so if you let go of it,it does not sink to the bottom flat.
Always found keeping the coil to the soil in the water with minimum pressure reduced fatigue...Heck they even make weighted coils for some units for this reason..
To each his own I guess but be careful where you put any flotation device lest you become fatigued quickly..Now with your long handled digger its another story and some are made to float and some inventive water detectorists make their own way of keeping the digger buoyant..

a SS dog snap to drag scoop behind me and also add a 1" strip of aluminum to both sides of basket so it wont ware through from draggin it on the sand..i can ware out a scoop every 4 months without this added.

Excellent ideas - thank you all. I just want the upper part to float so I can grab it easily. My coil is weighted so it stays on the bottom easily. I use a custom SS upper shaft since I did not like the coil wobble the original upper rod assembly had. I will try the pipe insulation and then the noodle if that does not work.