Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-21 questions

sport.pilot

Hello Everyone,

I have noticed that my upper and lower rod connection seems to be somewhat lose. Since the CZ does not have a cam lock like my land detectors, there is now to tighten the connection between the upper and lower rod. Is there a way to shore up this connection that is not permanent (not interested in gluing it or taping it if I can help it)? Something like a cam lock that can be added or some other idea? The coil cover on my 10.5 inch coil is not tight as well. I have zip ties on it now, but they wear out quickly. Is there some way to fix this? I see that some use silicone goo on the top of the coil to seal it and hold it on? Is this the best way or is there some other method? If it is the best method, what type/brand should I use? Thanks.

Darryl

I tend to just live with a little bit of movement in the rod joints. If there is a lot, I use pieces of electrical tape on the smaller diameter rod to close the gap when everything is slid together.

There are a few threads with lots of opinions on coil covers over on the beach and water / scuba forum. I have had issues with black sand getting into the covers and hurting detector response to good targets. I now go without a cover at all. Some people seal the cover on with flexible, removable, sealer. Some use bed liner sprays or marine epoxy to coat the coil bottom and sides in place of a cover.
tvr

Thanks again TVR - I have used bed liner on the Kevlar coil covers on my Minelab 4000 Nuggetfinder coils because the coil covers are thin and of poor quality. They have changed to standard nylon covers finally. The spray has helped extend their life. I have not had the black sand problem yet, but I can certainly see it coming because the CZ coil cover is not tight. I hate to scrape a coil on rocks without a cover, so I may just try the silicone on the top.
Darryl

www dot andersondetectorshafts dot com/11.html

Makes 3 different lengths of aftermarket upper shafts(rods) for the CZ-21 in Aluminum, and also makes non-metallic Carbon Fiber upper shafts on special order. Why a non-metallic Carbon Fiber upper shaft(rod)? Because the more metal away from the coil, it may increase the sensitivity of the detector.

Kellyco also sells Anderson Detector Shafts.

Run your detector in the most sensitive All-Metal mode over sticky tape, before you use it to tape a coil-cover on. If no signal then you can use it.

I was told not to use Silicone(as it is too good) Caulking as it is too hard to remove off of a coil and its cover. But instead to use some type of Exterior (Acrylic)Latex Caulking instead as it is easier to remove.

Also I contacted a truck bed spray company and they could not guarantee there was no trace metal in it. I also contacted PC Products and they said the PC-7 does have trace metal in it, but PC-11 had NO metal in it. So PC-11 would be the one I would use on my coils instead of a coil cover.

Hope this helps.

David makes an excellent point of calling the manufacturer to verify no metal content in a product before you try it.

The best product to put on the bottom of your coil is Loctite Marine Epoxy. Put a thin coat on and reapply when the black starts to show again.

Dave