Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-21 chest mount?

sport.pilot

Does anybody use a chest mount setup for their CZ-21? If so, how do you like it vs belt mount. I am thinking of purchasing a chest mount harness. Does anybody a close up picture they can post of what one looks like being used? I would like to see how the control box is mounted to the harness and how it sits on the chest. Thanks.
Darryl

I use a chestmount 100% of the time when water hunting. Greatly reduces drag on machine while in the water. Tried a belt mount but in water deeper than waist deep made box float up causing it to dig into side. I have a buddy that puts his box behind him on his belt but then you can't get to the controls very easily.

With this mount you simply slide box off from rod and unto chest mount and vice versa when done. Controls are easily accessable. It uses binocular straps that clip to the mount so where it rides on you can be adjusted by which holes you select and how tight you have straps. Its made of aluminum so extra weigh isn't much of an issue.

Hope this helps

Steve

I used the fisher chest mount for about 2 seasons. I did not like belt mounting; although many do. I found the chest mount worked OK in the water. The detector would tend to float (tip the bottom up) with the fisher chest harness. An aluminum plate like Steve shows would help keep it from floating or tipping.

I went to a straight shaft mount with the detector mounted behind the shaft and like that more than any other configuration I've tried.
tvr

The detector has the Fisher holder for using a web belt for waist mounting slid into the slot on the back of the detector. I used pieces of aluminum angle slid into the sides that the belt would go into. Made aluminum spacers from aluminum bar to get the spacing right and bolted it with two holes straight through the angle brackets, spacers and the 7/8 inch aluminum tube used for the shaft. The handle is a bicycle bar end. I have since changed the bar end to a longer one that curves down more at the end.

The mesh bag is for finds and the boogie board strap is to keep me from losing the detector when I get rolled by a wave. Got a strap on the scoop too.
tvr

Thanks for the picture. I like the arm strap idea and the bag attachment too. I will ask my wife to make me a strap - we have lots of that material hanging around. Great ideas!
Darryl