Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-21 Autotune

sport.pilot

Hello,

My new CZ-21 arrives on Friday. I am interested in knowing if anybody uses this function, and why it is better than hunting in the discrimination mode with it set to 0. Do you gain more depth? Is the coil coverage better? And in what types of situations would you use it? Low trash, etc.? Does it make a difference that I have a 10 inch coil vs the 8 as to when I might want to use it? I have read the manual, but it provides only a cursory explanation. Thanks.

Darryl

Darryl,
The autotune function is basically an All-Metal dig all deep mode to use. There is no tones. This is the mose sensitive mode for tiny targets. Coil choice is trash dependant, larger coils for open beach and maximum depth, small coils for trashy beach. The more dig all type hunting you do the more gold you will find and deeper.

HH
PennyFinder

Autotune is like a motion all metal. With both the CZ6a (Sunray 12 inch coil) and the CZ20 (8 inch coil) that I have, it does seem to spread the effective area of the coil a little but I don't think it is any deeper. Have not had indications that it is shallower either. You need to pay attention to the threshold in autotune; it is like listening to the threshold on a PI type detector. A little wisp type of change can be a deep target or a target on the edge of the coil. I am using autotune a lot more this year, particularly when there are few targets. I'll get a wisp in autotune, center on the target and switch to 0 to ID. If it isn't definitely iron, dig.

When running autotune, you can generally take the sensitivity up where you may need to drop the sensitivity some in discriminate mode to keep from falsing. I am finding that when I switch from autotune to 0 when over a target, since I already know there is a target there, I am not having to drop the sensitivity to keep from falsing on nearby mineralization changes. But if I hunt just set at 0 and take off with the sensitivity up high, I find false hits that disappear when I dig or aren't there in pinpoint or autotune.

The 10 inch coil should be a little deeper, more drag in the water, slightly less sensitive to very small targets than the 8 inch. It will find rings if you get the coil over them.
Cheers,
tvr