Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-20 vs CZ-21

pdunc

Several years ago I sold my CZ-20 (which I really liked) and got out of metal detecting. I am ready to jump back in! I am excited about the new CZ-21 coming out. My biggest concern is whether or not First Texas would have cheapened any of the components in the CZ-21 to keep the costs down and the profits up. What do you think? Anyone from Fisher reading this (or anyone with a connection at Fisher) able to address this concern? Will there be a good warranty to back up the CZ-21?

I would give Fisher a call and see what info they could tell you.
Of course the unit would have a warranty but usually water units are not warranted for as long as land units...only time will tell if and when the revised CZ20 hits the bricks...

I have never used a CZ20, but have the 1st CZ21 ordered through my local dealer. I will be using the unit, so keep an eye my way on the water hunting forum and I'll show ya some loot, hopefully. If it works as well as my Excal, it should be a contender. That is a very TALL ORDER though! I am very excited about this new release and am glad Fisher is trying to work all the issues out of the unit, before it's released. Looking forward to taking the plunge! GH

Thanks Gulf Hunter. You already have a CZ-21? I am really looking forward to some sort of review from you. Please comment on the quality of construction as well as the performance. Any pictures and stats on the CZ-21 that you can provide would be appreciated. Having used a CZ-20 for 4 years, I have no doubt that the CZ-21 will perform great, as long as it is of the same quality in construction. In the past while hunting with a friend using a Minelab Excal, our finds were about equivalant. He has since gone to a CZ-20 because of the problems he had with the Excal and the customer service problems he had several years ago. My concerns about the CZ-21 include quality of construction and customer service. Comments on other forums really slam Fisher's cutomer service over the last few years. It is my hope that they have turned over a new leaf.

I'm just a lurker on this thread as I don't have a cz20, just the cz3d, but I am not aware that the cz21 is out yet. Some, like Gulf Hunter, I believe, have them on order as soon as their local dealer receives them. As for Fisher service, I have never had to return a Fisher detector for service, but from what I am seeing on the various Fisher forms, their service over all, at least of late, has been very good. HH jim tn

Thanks Jim. I guess that the wording of Gulf Hunters last post led me to believe he already had one. Guess I just misunderstood in my excitement. Thanks for the encouraging word regarding the quality of Fisher products and service of late.

I hope the only change in the CZ21 over the CZ20 is to put the nickels back where they belong. Why have an ID machine if your afraid of using the ID as to not lose jewelry..