Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CW picket Post/Camp in Tennessee

VOL1266X

About 2 years ago, I was fortunate to locate a picket location in a 10 acre patch of dense woods on a high ridge near a large US Camp in Middle Tennessee. The attached pic shows the relics that I found before June 2007. Since then, I have located 10-15 more bullets not shown. The best finds are an Indiana Service Badge and a cuff size Dragoon Eagle Button. All the buttons found were in great shape-some were perfect. I wore that place out with the 1266-X since it was located only 6 miles from my home. I found one .58 bullet that had grown into the fork of a fallen tree and dug it out. Thanks for looking and good luck hunting!!!!

hey 1266x, what a nice collection you have, no doubt about it. like many others on here, i always enjoy seeing other people's collections. it's tastefully set up too, i know there's a lot of time and digging in that case. the indiana badge is rarely seen, and almost unheard of. been years since i saw one. way to go man, it's a nice set. thanks. hh,

Thanks GG. I had not ever seen one before-except in relic books. When I dug the badge, all that I could see was the "IN". I thought that I had found a brass label from an International Harvester piece of farm equipment until I cleaned the the dirt off of the "D". The NS Trader price Guide lists it for $350+. I will probably never find another. Thanks for looking!!!

Congrats VOL, your INDIANA piece is commonly referred to as a "Veteran's pin" denoting a re-enlisted solder. Good finds, David@Dixie