Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Customer Service says a lot about a company . . . . :thumbup:

Andy Sabisch

In an ideal world, when someone buys an item it would operate flawlessly for years and service would be a non-issue. In reality, despite the best intentions of any company, there will be some issues that come up - especially with detectors considering the environment they are operated in - and how the manufacturer handles these issues says a lot about the company itself.

I have used Whites detectors since the late 1960's . . . . . dating myself a bit, but much of my collection has come thru a Whites detector over the years. Over that time there have been issues - mostly minor but a few major - that have arisen and in every case going back almost 40 years :)wacko:), the Service department has been 100% customer-focused in their response. The old saying "The customer is always right" must be emblazoned on the wall in Sweet Home as even when the people at the factory change, the treatment remains the same . . . that says a lot about the direction Ken White has given and the way the company operates. Unfortunately many companies see service as an area they can cut back on to save money and in times like we are in, that is an avenue some are opting for . . . . including at least one major detector company . . . . but from some recent experiences, Whites is not deviating from the position they have held for as long as I have dealt with them . . . . and this is as a customer not a dealer.

What prompted me make this post were a few recent experiences with my V3 as well as that of three friends with theirs . . . . . . .

First, I had some issues regarding detection depth and in-field performance. It turns out that it was "operator error" but when I called the factory, there were actually people that answered the phone and could answer technical questions on how to set the detector for my conditions. And, the questions were answered immediately - not being told to call back in a day or two or being told to call someone else - a dealer or user somewhere. The performance questions were addressed post haste

Then, due to another issue that came up, I had to send the detector back in to have it looked at. It seems to have gotten waylaid in the factory and when I called and checked on the unit they found out it was AWOL . . . . and immediately sent out a replacement unit - brand new - to make up for it . . . . . rather than making me wait for the original one to turn back up. Clearly a "customer first" mentality.

One friend of mine unpacked his detector and there was a small blemish / partial tear on the headphone earmuff. A call to Whites took care of it . . . they immediately sent him a new pair and told him to send the other back when he could. No "when we get the old set we will send you a new set" as at least one other company now does and it enabled him to get out hunting with a minimal delay and no out of pocket expense . . . . .

Two other hunters I know had a problem with the coil on their V3 . . . . some of the early ones had issues coming from the factory. The response from Whites? Give me your address and we will send you a replacement along with an apology for the inconvenience.

To make a long post short, customer service & support is a factor that should be considered when selecting a detector and if an issue arises, it becomes just as important as the performance of the machine when looking at the investment one has made into equipment. Whites is not alone when it comes to quality customer service in the metal detecting industry but they are clearly a leader that has kept the "customer first" focus for decades. I know they will be there today, tomorrow and next year to take care of products that may actually be more than a decade old and will take care of it without requiring me the customer to jump through 100 hoops and hope I am covered.

So Kudos to the Whites organization for the support they provide to customers before and more importantly after the sale . . . . a great product is only a good as the service the manufacturer provides and Whites has clearly recognized this in their business model.

Andy Sabisch

A MAN TO THAT ANDY.
THEY TOOK CARE OF MY PROBLEM. SENT ME A NEW COIL WITHIN A WEEK. IT WAS ALL HANDLED ON THE PHONE. I THINK THEY ARE GREAT.
ROY IN IL.

I have to back that up 100% .Whites has always taken care of any new detector I have bought and in a very timely fashion.Hats off and extra pie to the whites team. Thanks Yazoo

The comments above are very comforting to hear...not that I haven't heard them before, but for the 1st time I will be sending in a unit(V3) for warranty work. I've had my XLT for years and never had a problem with it. Nothing serious, just a repair/replacement to the video screen housing. It appears that one on the 4 screws that hold the housing together was over-torqued or cross threaded and basically the screw fell out on me today. I tried to put it back, but the screw isn't "biting" on anything now. While it is in I'll get the firmware upgrade and have my coil checked out as my unit is one of the original Vision units and I think it may be problematic. Think I'm going to purchase the V-optimized 5.3 coil too! I'll be sure to give a report here on how I'm treated, but I'm confident the results will be typical of this great company.

I have the excellent fortune of living less than an hour's drive from the Sweet Home facility. On my last visit, I had my V3 upgraded to the latest software WHILE I WAITED!!! I have been there a number of times and every single time I have been treated as the most important person on the site. I'm greeted with friendly smiles and often leave treated better than I thought I deserved. This service was a key factor for me in why I chose the Vision over the Minelab. I have not been sorry, not even for a second.

By the way, if I thought of all the companies with which I have done business over the years, in every product or service, from Wal-Mart, to Chevron Gas to JC Penney, to you name it, White's would be NUMBER 1 of all time in customer service, and it wouldn't even be close.

I'm glad to hear that those who send things in are getting the same quality of service as those of us who walk in.

Good hunting to everyone,

Mike

get that 'v' tuned 5.3 coil. :thumbup: It's been my favorite general-use coil size on the IDX Pro, XL Pro, XLT, M6, and MXT, and now, for me in the types of sites I prefer to hunt, it's once again my favorite general-use coil on a V3. No doubt in my mind you're going to enjoy it.

Monte

Thx Monte...I appreciate your input! I'm either going with the 950 or the 5.3 and I'm leaning toward the 5.3 right now.

I agree 100% with getting the 5.3 Eclipse (V-tuned version) first, by all means. Use it enough and you might not even want another coil, but if you have it and then want a good larger coil for certain uses, THEN consider the tuned-up 950. Just my totally free opinions. :)

Monte

Got my V3 back on Friday! Unfortunately I had plans all weekend and haven't had a chance to try it out, but as expected, the process of sending it back in was very easy and I was treated wonderfully by everyone at White's. I did purchase the 5.3 V tuned coil so I can't wait to try it out!

I sent in a "300" coil that was on a used BeachHunter ID and obvioulsly had problems with the salt water getting inside it.
I removed it from the detector and sent it in ... fully expecting to pay something to get it repaired or replaced.
I called white's to check on it a few times and left my number for a call back but that never came.

However, Whites has sent a NEW "300" coil, a new seal ring for the detector housing, and a set of foam pads for the cuff .... ALL AT NO CHARGE!

That was unexpected, but greatly appreciated, and shows exactly what Andy is posting about.

Thank You White's.

Willee

Had some trouble in the salt with mine and whites sent me a new detector. In my book there customer service is second to no one. Try to get any help from the other beig detector company and see how that turns out.

Jason

White serivce is great. They took 25 year old detector and had back in a week Working like new. Even sold me 10" dd loop for 1/2 the price for my mxt. They are great company! wish i could say that about another big company but they are after the old mighty dollar which will cost them in the long run.:shrug:

My v3 worked fine ,however I had other issues and whites corrected ALL and 100% to my Satisfaction.

teckpro said:
My v3 worked fine ,however I had other issues and whites corrected ALL and 100% to my Satisfaction.

Teckpro, I thought you had a coil problem? Did this turn out to be the case?

In any case, I'm glad White's came though for you and you're happy. Give me a shout if you'll be off from work on a weekend - I'd like to go detecting again...

John

I thought I had a coil problem, they sent me a new coil . New coil works fine .I'll never know if it the other one was bad, faulty , intermittant windings , bad shielding etc.. or otherwise.

Look foward to another hunt.