Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ctx under sea water setting

schvarzy

Hello everyone,

I am using th ctx under water in slightly salted water. So far no gold found.... There should be some where I am looking and i wonder if my settings ar correct.... Does anyone has any idea? I go in beach mode, sensitivity to manual, set around 18 while he suggested level shld be 14. Detector seems stable. Can find many coins but just no gold...I have an excalibur also and my friend suggested i should use it like he does ( he does find gold rings...).... It would work better.

Any suggestions ar welcome :twodetecting:

You're using the same pattern I've been using. I've gotten one 18K ring with my CTX.

Try running it in auto sensitivity works best in the salt for me. Then just have to get the coil across a gold ring The CTX will get it I have found several hunting the beach with mine.

Jason

I have to go with minelab on this one and not use AUTO on the beaches and here is why.
When I hunt my local beaches I can see it recommending a 9 sometimes which is crazy.
I rather be running in 20+ then hunting in a 9.

I have been a Minelab sovereign, excal and explorer user for years and until now would never have said auto was better. My first and second times out with the ctx it was driving me crazy and even in manual 19 was unstable, called Minelab and they sent me a new coil. Put it on and had a chance to hit the beach over 2 hours away but managed some testing time.,

First off, the machine was much more stable, tried different settings and auto was much smoother for me and what is funny is auto +3 worked just fine and was showing sensitivity of 28 or 29 and the only noise I was getting was just like the explorers and was manageable.

What is funny is if I used manual and lowered it way down it was still unstable so I have to recant what I have said in the past and say Auto hands down is the setting to use on the beach.

One other funny quirk I noticed was when I was leaving the wet sand and hit the dry sand auto was showing 19 (anyone got any idea why)

So far all the pro beach hunters have all come to the same conclusion that auto works better on the beach, and Jason said it has something to do with the way auto monitors different frequencies and makes adjustments to all of the differently where manual does not.

I am not that tech savvy but Jason knows his stuff and and verified it by my results. Conditions were bleak as Max Benns would say, only managed some zinc pennies but did find one 2 pill Nitro that I still have not verified is fake but highly suspect it is since the only mark inside is an H and I think that is for HOME SHOPPING CLUB, LOL

It was the first target I dug and it was dark outside and I almost peed my pants when I saw it. I need to take a photo so you could see why I needed a nitro pill when that thing was in my scoop.