Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX IN THE WATER :bouncy:

Grumpyolddiver

Well I got out today at a local beach that has been pounded.(after a two week ban from the doctor)There were holes all over it.Hunted slow for about 3hrs and pulled1-10k yellow gold ring and 1-white gold or ???. It tested 14k but is not marked other than with marks that look like the ones in the junk class rings.And the CTX pulled at least one more out that was mixed in with the Iron.So far this year that makes 12 total and six with the ctx.They may not be real heavy but I'll take any gold I can get. Grumpy

That is good! I have also a ctx and can find gold on the beach but not in water. I think detector cannot detect deep enough. What setting you use? I use beach mode and sensitivity to 18 but auto tells me suggested 12 or 13. Water is not too salty. Recovery is deep and mode fast. I find many ooins. My friend who uses excal can find gold and suggested that i also use the exacl that i have.... Is the excal a better machine for sea water??

Thanks,
Fred

schvarzy- Try auto +3 instead of manual. Low Trash - Gain 20 - Deep On - Ground coin although I found little difference from ferrous coin. I did well on the Gulf with these settings and your machine will get deep. I did use my Excall in deeper water. HH :minelab: