Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX acting wacky at park :veryangry:

So I went to park today that I has Silver but is really trashy. I've been there before with my explorer or e-trac, can't really remember which one. But those worked fine. My problem was the CTX went nut with interferance, it was falshing big time. After about twenty minutes of trying everything I can think of, I rebooted and it still acting erratic. Would like to hear everyones toughts of what might cause this. Also just remembered something,,, there was this big RV park on side of the road where I was parked, could something coming from an Rv jam my signal?

Thomas

So it is working fine elsewhere? If so may be emi from wires in the vicinity. Try manually adjusting the sensitivity? Did you try to manually noise cancel?

If not check your connections, under the coil cover for dirt, sand, etc. Do a system restore to factory settings.
Let us know.

Sorry if I am missing anything, pre coffee over here..

Make sure there is no metal under your coil when noise canceling and that the ground balance is not enabled. You have probably already checked those but that is all I can think of other than a loose connection. Keep us posted.

Had this happen a couple of times and it was another CTX on the same channel one time! Local soil conditions and or electrical from some source (power lines above or below ground, another MD machine) nearby the other times.

So, I would start with does it work ok other places? It is does then I would have to assume all cables are ok and the machine is ok. If so then it is either the soil conditions (trashy, iron), or EMF from electrical nearby or another detector. I would start with noise cancelling (I have never needed to Ground Balance so cant advise there) to eliminate EMF/EMI, and if the chirpy is still there then manually change channels a couple of time, then deal with it as a soil issue with lower sensitivity, slower sweeps, small coil, etc.. Move around a bit to see if it changes. I doubt that the park nearby had anything to do with it. They probably had wireless internet and/or wireless security cameras but I don't see that causing any issues.

The CTX should be more stable than the E-Trac or Explorer when it comes to ground conditions. I agree with what the others have said - check your connections. If it doesn't do it all the time it's probably EMI.