Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:csflag:Sterling Price's raid

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
I have been poking around Price's encampments most of my life with varied results so I was excited to here one of my latest potential sites in soybeans had been combined. The area had just received heavy rains but undeterred I set out into the wet fields. I knew I had my work cut out for me because when I asked for permission I got the standard answer "It has already been detected for years" followed by "they quit coming here 3 years ago" Although I didn't find any coins "they" left plenty for my liking

2 flat buttons
1 buckle
lots of lead
My favorite has to be the little 36 caliber tear drop Remington's from the St. Louis arsenal
Hardly any of the Calibers where the same which is typical as the confederates weren't properly outfitted.

HH Jeff

Des D said:
"Hah ahhh...I thought you had bought something from the UK and had got a bargain!" Duh....
That's funny Des:clapping:. You Chaps view things a bit differently than us Yanks even though we both speak English!
The Stirling Price I am refering to led a daring Calvary raid into Missouri late in the Civil war. His 12000 troops swelled to an estimated 15000 to 18000 as they pillaged and plundered thier way across Missouri {right through my boyhood back yard} only to be repelled south at Lexington {Kansas city area}.
Kind regards
Jeff

I know that place has been "hunted to death", Jeff, so you had to be good to pull all that from there! ( Oh man, I'm getting soft in my old age!!:rofl: )
WTG!

Dale

That's a lot of targets. I wouldw Worry about detected before. Nice job

Great finds on the CW and Confetrit' lead. Well Done. Once again, "Hunted Out" does not comply......nor will it ever.

Nice finds Jeff, I am still trying to get used to my 800.

hh

vtcivilwar said:
Nice finds Jeff, I am still trying to get used to my 800.

hh
Hang in there H>>>>y it will come to you. I am still try to find a Confederate button :please:
HH Jeff