Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Crown caps reading high?

Ted S

I went out a bit today to a ball diamond that I have not hunted in 30 years. It used to yield quite a bit of silver including Barbers back in the day. I had several hits of anywhere from 29-34 on the ID with a nice high tone. I was very disappointed to dog over a half dozen crown caps...I thought these read in the 14 range. Suggestions? I was using my Equinox 600. Any suggestions? Thanks! Ted

Depends on the brand. I have found some that read that high and as low 5-6. They are everywhere on the beaches I hunt. The more they degrade the lower the reading and many sound great. I've read all the posts about how to handle them. Nothing works very well and of course the more there is the harder it is to deal with them. The Nox just loves them.

This may help even though have a 600.

https://www.minelab.com/anz/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/dealing-with-bottle-crown-caps

Aaron

Setting up a user program with a low single frequency can be a real useful setup. Just toggle back and forth on those that fit the profile, most iron will have a distinct tone of ferrous try and pick up on it.
JMO
HH Jeff

The Equinox is a very good detector. Factor in the price and it becomes even better.

Dry sand hunting with the bottle caps is where the Equinox can be defeated easily by other detectors. Especially those of us that have used BBS units in that environment for years. There are quite a few tips to deal with cap ID from switching to all metal.....switching to single frequency if not in beach mode....to coil whipping. I guess there are quite a few hunters out there that deal with caps the best way they can, but I would rather use a Sovereign any day. Even a few old single frequency detectors do quite well with cap ID like tesoro models.

Thanks guys! I did not try switching frequencies. I switched between the park modes and the field modes. The black gnats were swarming me so I left. And I do have a Tesoro Tol-Tec 100 that I bought new that I could use! lol!

Got to love the ones with copper in them....corona and bud light.

I mostly hunt in Germany, and these crown caps are everywhere since bottled beer is still the norm here. I find that I have to dig them because they fall in the range of several of the Euro lower denomination coins. The nice part about hunting here is that there are fewer pull tabs both, old and new.

I think it is the circular shape that hits

So what can i do because im using my equinox machine always in beach and with only 15 inches search coil and the bottle cap become with high number 17 id and with 6 inches search coil its not come never so can you help me please . Regards