Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Crotch Rockets & tumbleweeds don't mix

Terry B

Here I was heading back to the coast to pick up another load of household goods to move up to the Sonora area in the southern motherlode. Two of my sons were with me, and we had just turned off hwy 99 onto 120 west at Manteca. I'm cruising at about 70 in the left lane, slowly gaining on a 18 wheeler when I look in My rear view mirror and noticed a crotch rocket weaving in and out of traffic and flying low. My boys made a couple of comments like "I hope a bee gets him in the neck" and then "I hope a seagull gets him!"

He went by us in a flash, and about that time the 18 wheeler sucked up a five foot diameter tumbleweed and blew it into the hiway behind him and right into the crotch rocket. The impact sent tumbleweed debris flying, and suddenly we had a 100 mph street sweeping tumbleweed in front of us with a helmet sticking out the top. We looked over at the car next to us, and the lady and young girl were in hysterics. The speeding tumbleweed very smoothly and gradually pulled to the right and slowed to a stop. I could barely see him stop, because nobody slowed to see if he was ok, and by that time we were way past where he stopped. My boys and I were in tears. He got his just reward. :clapping:

while wating in line at a light, in going home traffic,i looked in my mirror to see a knuclehead weaving in and out around cars to get to the front and beat everybody when the light changed.a guy i worked with and went to high school with was in front of me.people were honking and hollering at knucklehead when he went by,i must have been ten cars back from the light.
it was misting rain and it hadn't rained in a while and there was a film of dirt and oil on the road and it was slicker than you know what.knucklehead bobbed one to many times and lost control of his bike about the time he got to the light,and slid and dumped it,the light changed at that instant.my work buddy was howling like a banshee as was everyone else,people had their windows down and as he was trying to get up traffic kept barreling by with people honking and laughing and saying nasty things to him,yours truly included:lol::lol:.

Wednesday afternoon on my return from work one of these young guys was doing the same thing. Weaving left to right on a two-lane road with me coming in the opposite direction. The evening before the missus and I had just visited our friends son who is in bad condition from a bike accident of his own. I rolled down my window and gave this idiot the one finger salute. Don't like doing that but like I said. Was just at the hospital the night before. You have to wonder what it takes for some of these guys to learn ? Honest to God, there's already been four or five killed in our area alone this summer......so far. I'm sure these clowns read the paper. I don't get it. It's pretty well limited to the younger kids too. Showing off. I forget who said it but they are right. There's nothing dumber than a North American male between the ages of eighteen and twenty-three ! Simply because they think they are indestructable.

some clown passing you so fast it almost blows your doors off and then a few miles up the road a cop has him pulled over. Sorta makes my day :D

I don't like to see anyone hurt but humiliation is just fine. :D

Thanks for the post!! Welcome

n/t

it works with some of the bimbos. It is almost like the girls are looking for a man that will give them stupid babies.

I sure never did anything stupid when I was young :D

n/t

kinda like the time I was impatiently waiting to get off Cape Cod. Rt.6 fills up to a two lane parking lot on Sunday afternoon.

There was some nitwit running between the lanes of cars and trucks making his way pretty quick. He cut to the left lane on the fourfoot shoulder and came blasting by. He went by me close enough that I felt the wind on my arm. About four cars ahead, there was a pickup with a ladder sticking out.

yup, you guessed it, he ran right into it and clotheslined himself right off the bike and into the median ditch. never did find out if he was hurt, I don't think so as I saw him picking himself up and surveying the damage. :lol:

Welcome Terry and keep those funnies coming!

Dave

PITA in the place but I got the keys. We don't get all that much traffic but it is good people that come here. Everyone is welcome though

Of course I never did anything stupid like that when I was 15 - 25 either Royal. Like racing down mountain roads and having to lay it down & slide under the front bumper of an oncoming car, then continue sliding on across the road & over the edge of a steep 500' dropoff. Luckily a large thicket about 10' down caught & held Me & the bike until the fellow I was racing dragged me up to the road. The bike took a while. Just cuts & bruises that time. Another time My bike pinned My feet as I hung head first over the edge of a river levee, and My cousin had to drag the bike upwards & off of me. I didn't dare move. Another helpless feeling.

And then at 18 in '64 I followed the lettuce crew to Yuma, AZ. Worked in the fields making boxes from dark:30 to dark:30, and then we'd head for the desert to chase jackrabbits between Yuma & San Luis Mexico till 2 or 3 am, then grab a couple hours sleep & hit-er again. Sure wouldn't make it nowadays. On Sundays we'd head for the nearest desert race and give it a go. My first desert race was a 100 miler near Plaster City CA with four 25 mile loops all in different directions like a 4 leaf clover.

I figured I'd give these desert hicks a good run for the money & show 'em how a country boy rides. Yea, right! When the black smoke from the burning tires showed on the horizon and the starter waved the flag, I took off in a cloud of dust like everyone else, and I thought hey, I'm keeping up with the front runners, & most of these half dozen or so guys were experts! I sure was until I got my first taste of those little clumps of grass that grow on a hard clump of hardpan or something here and there like a checkerboard all over the place for as far as the eye can see.

Well, when I hit the first one the bike tried to dump me over the bars and I just about had things under control when I hit the second clump. This time, I'm doing a handstand on the bars, and craning my neck as far back as I could, I could only see the front knobby. I knew I was i deep doo-doo. Finally, I came back down and cracked my right knee on the engine case. However, as I came back down holding tight to the grips, the throttle was full on again, the bike lurches forward back up to speed and up to the handstand I go again.

Oh yea, there's the front knobby again! It's hard to believe, but this sequence went on at least 5 times, and I couldn't do a thing about it! I'm getting tired & worried by this time. Finally there was a longer space between those killer clumps, and I just layed the bike over in the sand and watched some of the other riders cruise by with big grins on their mugs. I bet every one grinning was thinking "first desert race, eh slick?"

Well, after I get my wind back, I jump up and start learning how to slolom around those little innocent looking killer clumps. By this time I'm about in the middle of the pack of probably 150 riders, but holding my own. I'm starting to feel good again, except for the blood oozing from my right knee & saturating my levis. It was still numb. I made it out about ten miles and followed the tracks up out of a high speed wash only to land on top of maybe four or five bikes laying on top of each other.

Some rider had fallen when he cleared the bank of the wash, and the huge dip on the other side of the bank hid the riders and bikes from the continuing flow of oncoming riders. I was lucky and hit flat on some poor fellow's machine and sort of trampolined on off the other side, clearing all the others. You should have seen the arms waving! Apparently I was the only one so far that had managed to continue on without piling up. Nobody was hurt, and one rider had finally climbed up to the top to direct traffic. Once more I was off again in a cloud of dust, only to find that I couldn't turn very well. Front flat! After herding the wounded bronc back to the point of origin, I had a fresh new respect for those desert hicks. :thumbup:

After a couple of brews & a box of bandaids I was a content spectator for the rest of the race. :beers:

But I did ring a doorbell and run once when I was a kid !:lol:....Welcome to the best forum in existence ! I'm a recent newbie myself.

Rob

n/t

Just how did you stumble across our little part of the web. It seems like I have seen your posts before on some other forum.

Have you posted here before? So many have come and gone over there years but you are fimiliar'

I am old and forget stuff :D