Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CREAKING.......Driving me nuts!

chowbox

Hey guys!

My Tejon creaks badly when I am out swinging, what can I do about it? I took the whole thing apart and I can see wear marks on the pole assembly were something is rubbing. I tried putting a piece of tape over the wear mark but when I do that the pole will not go back together. This is really driving me nuts and I cant take the sound of it anymore :-(. Please advise and thanks!

Scott

Take sandpaper and rub the lower pole and then at your local hardware store, it comes in a tube, rub beeswax on the sanded area and problem solved.........

I have had that sound, sounds like a creaky fence door at the old abandoned haunted house.

Ok....I have been trying to get the detector apart so I can do the sandpaper/tape/beeswax thingy but now I can not separate the S bar with the control housing from the middle pole. I dont understand what is going on here. This detector is only 3 weeks old and I am feeling a bit frustrated. I take EXTRA good care of my stuff and I dont know why this would be happening.

Scott

Take it to a clubmember or local dealer who is familiar with detector poles as they are basically the same and they should be able to help.....

This may sound stupid but, did you loosen the the plastic nut that tightens the two sections together?
Hopefully if you did, you need to make sure you press down both metal dimples and pull apart.

Now if you overtightened the locking nut, you may have a problem.

Sounds like you over tightened the knob if so try to spray a silicone grease spray into the knob and loosen and then do a twisting motion as you hold in on the push pins a little work it will come apart

I've used Reel Magic on my connection points and it handles the creaking noise on my Compadre.