Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Crazy people out on Lake Michigan - Don't look Warthog!

Sandtick

Warty I'm sure you have a lot of this going around your area also.
The wife and I went out to take a look at the pier on Sunday. Boy what a surprise to see hundreds of people out there and walkin on the ice. We had to leave when we saw people crossing the frozen channel to the North pier. Just crazy!!
Here are some photos from the local paper. I'll try to post some of mine when I get a chance.

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/gallery/870961?page=0%2C0

Wow...talk about tempting fate...:sadwalk: .surprised the CG didnt get on the bullhorn and clear that ice..maybe all these people walked across from Chicago? :shrug::rofl:

Nope, you fall through a heave and you are crushed and gone...

That people are going to to the ice caves on Superior.

They drive their cars and trucks out on the ice but that ain't nothing - one moving company had to move a house. Instead of moving it along the street and having to get permits and help for overhanging lines, traffic control, etc. they decided to move the house onto the ice and pull/push it to its new location. It was a 2 story house being pulled by a front end loader and pushed by a ........bulldozer. All went well - except when the bulldozer track on the right side broke through the ice tilting the machine and wow - now what???

"Stupid is as stupid" does as Forrest Gump said in the movie..

I'd like to try ice fishing but now the ice is over 2 feet thick. I don't have a gas powered auger so would take forever to just make a hole. Oh well. Stay warm and away from LARGE objects on the ice.

One of those couples is a neighbor of ours.

n/t