Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cowboy, that arrow head came from the north part of Arkansas, and I am just about 20 miles from Central Arkansas. Of

Sunny

course you can drive three and a half hours from where I live, and get to our state lines. Springdale is right next to Fayetteville and that's where we go on "girl's weekend" each year. The fall colors are spectacular.

I will take your advice, and research this place before I go digging. I wouldn't want to do something that would be disrespectful.

Conway, Arkansas is about a forty five minute drive from me which is where Lake Conway is located (go figure). They drained the lake way down this summer, so people could repair their docks. The lake is loaded with Indian folklore. People were getting in trouble for digging arrowheads. Said they needed to stay on the lake floor, for future history! How the heck could they do anything there? They were fining people and running them off left and right! I don't think that's right, espcecially if people like you and Mikey and all the other collector's document and display and hand down to the next generation!

Come on up to Arkansas, and you can go with us! Maybe I could get you to help me find out more info on this. I'm not as good as researching as Johnboy is.! :)

I found the arrowhead when I went to Springdale to look at a horse that I was interested in buying. I did not buy the horse because it showed signs of Founder in the past even though the owner swore it had never Foundered.

I have also been to Conway, Arkansas. I must have a couple dozen arrowheads that I have found in several areas of Arkansas many years ago. I found them when I was still single and did some roaming through parts of Oklahoma, Arkansas and etc.

We have the same laws in Texas where you can not look for arrowheads or any historical item on public land or any historical easement on private property. I do all of my hunting on private property with permission...usually on a ranch where I know the owner. If caught, they will arrest you and give you a big fine as well as confiscate what you have found. It is best to abide by the laws and just hunt on private property.

I think it is great that you have the potential of finding arrowheads on your property and in the immediate area of your home. You might give arrowhead hunting serious consideration as a new hobby...great exercise and plenty of fresh air. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

that and your collection! Still, I have a lot to study about before I get very good at it. The one I found in Canada was just luck, laying down on the ground staring up at me! Gave Royal a "I can't believe that" look! I wasn't even sure if it was a real arrowhead.

I think he found several, but they took them away from him at customs! I really hated that!

I will keep you updated on what I find. The Tomahawk heads my neighbor found were in great shape. She wants to go rock hunting, and I think I will go get her and get her out of the house soon. :)

n/t

I could get in trouble for it. I remember putting it in something so it wouldn't get lost......do you remember what it was? And the moose meat came in really handy, it was a long trip home! :)

Lil David visits now, he says "nana, we aren't going to ride the four wheeler today, are we!" He still has a tiny little scar on his cheek. It scared him for sure! I'll never ride a little one on a four wheeler again!!! :) Or old ladies! :)