Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cow farms in Connecticut.

George-CT

I've mentioned in post that a lot of the riders like to take ride to ice cream shops. There has been a trend in New England for many of the cow farms to add ice cream shops to supplement their income. Usually its the women in the family that run them. Its really caught on around here, and right off the top of my head I can think of 5 in a 50 mile range that I know about.

This one is both a cow and turkey farm. They not only serve ice cream but bake great pies, cakes, muffins and have a lunch menu.
Food is great, prices are decent and its a nice way to spend a little time while cruising back roads of New England. This is my daughter Heidi, and a bunch of our friends. All different types of bikes. None in this group drink at all while on the bikes. Some really nice places out there in the hills and I like this one so grabbed a few shots of one of our stops. A few of the shops make their own ice cream and its really great tasting stuff. Down side is its 2 percent fat content. Smooth as heck, but not good for the waste line if that's a concern.

Took these last weekend on Sunday and got a little time to post them today.

George-CT

To do that type of thing up here, you would have the government, inspectors, regulations fools and all manner of red tape to go through.. Sure is nice to see that type of operation.

Fair winds

micheal

the Atlantic Ocean Mike. What your seeing, is the sky just coming down and that is on a big hill so it looks like it could be the ocean.
I can take some of the ocean if you like. I have one spot I really like....Huge stone barn, build in the early 1800's thats about 100 yards from the ocean. I'm surprised it's still standing but it is....

The red bike with the hard saddle bags in mine. 2003 Victory, 1507cc V twin. Great open road bike.... The black and yellow one behind it is my daughter Heidi's Cafe Racer.....

Geo

milk and such. I sorta like the barnyard smell and they have great Ice Cream!

You live in some beautiful country George!!

n/t

n/t