Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cousin Teddy and the Magic Rag - Part II

turtles too, almost as much as having to shoot at the water moccasins. Can't wait for more of your childhood antics! :)

Funny thing is, we always came home with some fish..... and no fish ever tasted better!! :)

fair winds

Mikie

we had one that wintered in the swamp behind the house then would move down to the river each spring. We lived on a dirt road and the grader would roll up a berm on each side. The snapper had no trouble geting into the roadway but couldn't manage to climb back up the other side. My great-grandfather would go out with a barn shovel and help it up over the berm so it could head for the river. This was repeated each fall when the turtle would return to the swamp. One day, I saw the snapper trying to get up out of the road and being the smart lad I was :lol: I decided to help him myself. Not understanding that a shovel was the tool to use, I found a sturdy stick and was trying to poke him up over the road edge. Gramps saw me and came up yelling for me to clear out. When I asked why, he held my stick down and that snapper bit right through it. I got a good lesson and a new respect for snapping turtles that day!

Dave

only killed one. I wanted to try to cook it and it was just not worth the effort.

It was a tough job getting that thing out of its shell and I could have still been cooking that thing. It was as tough as the shell.

It is silly of people though, in my view. Our lakes are full of them. I have seen them while snorkeling and diving. In all my years I have never heard of one biting a person that was not fooling with them.

In fact I have never heard of anyone ever being bitten that WAS fooling with them. Nobody is stupid enough to put their hand in front of their head anyway.

I saw one sink a rubber boat once but that will have to wait.