Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couple of Videos on the Vortex posted by at least one Testers

Okay, I see a potential issue for extended water use. The shaft locks if they are the old cam design they can silt up and freeze. This would possibly require a pressure wash to remove the grit. This has been a real issue on many detectors. I still have a couple of old frozen shafts (as a reminder) on my wall from extended use in salt water before I learned it was an issue going back 20+ years ago. My friend and fellow club member waterwalker set up a pressure washer in the back of his van to flush out the crud after his water hunts. I see the aftermarket shaft makers eyeing this i$$ue.

The video is very good.

Okay, I see a potential issue for extended water use. The shaft locks if they are the old cam design they can silt up and freeze. This would possibly require a pressure wash to remove the grit. This has been a real issue on many detectors. I still have a couple of old frozen shafts (as a reminder) on my wall from extended use in salt water before I learned it was an issue going back 20+ years ago. My friend and fellow club member waterwalker set up a pressure washer in the back of his van to flush out the crud after his water hunts. I see the aftermarket shaft makers eyeing this i$$ue.

The video is very good.
the Shaft system is one of the things I do not care for on the Vortex, I also wish they would have offered the Vortex with the smaller 11x6 coil also or a two coil package at least, I wish Garrett would have used the same shaft system that they use on the Axiom which I do own, the Axiom uses those adjustable toggle type cam locks and also a shaft that can not rotate when locked down, I do like the fact that the Vortex control pod is like the Axiom Control pod, we shall see once I have one in the next few weeks whether I like the Vortex or not I do have my name on one of the dealers list from the forum