Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couple of silvers and a diamond!!!

Mark kus

Well I’m sure the stone is not real who puts a real diamond in sterling but when I saw the stone sticking in my plug I was hoping!!
A couple mercury dimes 1920 1943 and a 46 Rosie found two buffalos one I lost no dates and about 12 wheats and a couple bucks in clad!
Get out and hunt schools are closed and no one is bothering me!
HH
87C7FDDC-0D3E-4C6F-85D0-8EC580FB347C.jpeg

Thanks Jim and Ted looks like a .25 round forgot if that came from the school yard or field I hunted!
Lol

Well I’m sure the stone is not real who puts a real diamond in sterling but when I saw the stone sticking in my plug I was hoping!!
A couple mercury dimes 1920 1943 and a 46 Rosie found two buffalos one I lost no dates and about 12 wheats and a couple bucks in clad!
Get out and hunt schools are closed and no one is bothering me!
HHView attachment 2742
give me a close up of the loaded cartridge and the head stamp and I'll tell you what it is and what it's worth if you're interested

Thanks the buffalo was in my car on the floor I’ll take some close ups of the cartridge

Absolutely nothing written on it that I can see

19647360-A3BB-44F6-9818-21CBFA61CEF8.jpeg
A4E3E75B-AB39-4D27-B845-AB6D75E871A1.jpeg

.25 Stevens short Scoutly thinks.

What you found is a "Good" find for a cartridge collector like me. You have a loaded 44 Henry Cartridge. The ammunition was manufactured buy many many
different companies from the 1860's to about 1930. Yours has no head stamp, which detracts from its value a little. But still a Difficult find. If it was in really
nice condition it would bring $30.00 but yours is rough.... but still worth about $7.00 to an entry level collector. The interesting part about your cartridge, is that it's
a RIMFIRE cartridge, but yet it appears someone put it in a Centerfire gun and tried to shoot it... and obviously it didn't go off. Maybe a drunk Indian or Cowboy..?

Scoutly straightened the ring out!
7D5CCBC8-A033-49CD-BEB1-C08971C270BD.png
6A04B23F-9E5D-4449-8783-7ABF0DC98702.png
4D1E1AED-B625-4429-9372-FBB5FF4DD43B.png

What you found is a "Good" find for a cartridge collector like me. You have a loaded 44 Henry Cartridge. The ammunition was manufactured buy many many
different companies from the 1860's to about 1930. Yours has no head stamp, which detracts from its value a little. But still a Difficult find. If it was in really
nice condition it would bring $30.00 but yours is rough.... but still worth about $7.00 to an entry level collector. The interesting part about your cartridge, is that it's
a RIMFIRE cartridge, but yet it appears someone put it in a Centerfire gun and tried to shoot it... and obviously it didn't go off. Maybe a drunk Indian or Cowboy..?
Wow very cool thanks I noticed that it was hit by a centerfire firearm and it looked like a rimfire