Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couple more war nickels

Bob in SoMd

Found these two Sunday in the heat. This is the second time in 3 weeks that I've found two war nickels on the same hunt. And these two were in the same curbside area. I only lasted about an hour but it was worth it. The first was the 1945-P that rang up with a VDI in the 40's. The second was really jumpy with the VDI from 20 to the 70's. Think I know why - the nail was sitting on top of it. Pulled that out and the probe settled in on 40-45.

Also found a cheap broken ring and a single wheatie (1946).

[attachment 168678 ImportedPhotos00000.jpg] [attachment 168681 ImportedPhotos00001.jpg]

I am sold on the ketchup treatment for these. Here's a picture after simple soap and water. Not great...

[attachment 168679 ImportedPhotos00006.jpg]

Then, after a couple of hours soak in the Heinz...

[attachment 168680 ImportedPhotos00007.jpg] [attachment 168682 ImportedPhotos00008.jpg]

Good work on the war nickels, those are cool too find congratulations!!:thumbup:

Excellent finds and also the small toy sign is cool since it's still in one piece. What is the blue & white stone item? Pendent? Part of the ring? Very cool finds and have I said how much I love to see those nickels coming out of the ground? ;) HH, Nancy