Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Counterfit Garrett Pro-Pointers

Wilhelm

I have read that the Garrett Pro-Pointers are having a problem with, what else the Chinese
copying and selling the Pro-Pointers. Is this a big problem? Byer beware?

Definitely buyer beware. There is a video on Youtube of a guy testing a Chinese Propointer. Buy from a trusted and authorized dealer and you shouldn't have a problem.

Anyone know where I can get the best price and be assured it is the real thing? From what I see, including Walmart at $127
+ free shipping is as good as it gets.. But we all know that Walmart would not sell a "knockoff", right? :usaflag:

Well, at least if you did buy from Walmart you could return it? :) But there are better deals from sponsors that will save you a little.

I went thru Amazon and got a $30 dollar discount. You could be right but none stepped up to the plate.
It should be here tomorrow and I know what to look for if it is a good one. Thanks

How to tell a fake ?
Just go to YuuTube do a search for "fake garrett pro pointer" (no quotes)
You will get a few videos regarding the fakes including what to look for to identify a fake

For example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0tBb4OWJmQ

Buy from a "real" dealer or from Amazon if you want the real deal.

Thanks Frank, ya may have saved me some embarassment and cash. Learn something new every day when you take up a new hobby.

Willie

I have to admit, I was surprised to see the 'fakes' out there. I bought from a sponsor and I made sure to ask if it was real.
Yep, the lettering is a dead giveaway.

BTW, mine works great. I did the liquid plastic dip, but still haven't had success with the 'sliding brass' trick.
Really not needed as it's super sensitive, as-is...

ron
N4UE