Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

couldn't pinpoint targets...crummy headphones???

highlander05

[size=medium][/size]
all week I've not found any clad hardly at all..I couldn't get a good pinpoint seemed like..very ticked off. Today my son tried to help me out and figure what's wrong. I'd find a target but I just couldn't locate it and it didn't sound quite right. He used my Ace and started finding clad right away in the area I had worked this week.
Turns out, I took the headphones off after he started finding clad with my machine .........he wasn't using headphones. So, I think it was the headphones maybe.....these are just very basic . So, I don't know the difference but I did start finding clad right away.
Maybe it had nothing to do with the headphones but sure seemed that way to me.
Gorgeous day here in N. Texas, low 70s, cool breeze.....won't stay that way long....gotta enjoy it while I can....

[size=medium][/size]

I'd only been using the headphones last week because they're just too loud, no volume adjustment, so I gave it a try anyway. They work ok as far as sound BUT it seemed like I couldn't pinpoint a target. All targets showed to be 6-8" deep, so I just didn't dig very much.....did get the bell tone but I'd lose the target, etc.
After I took off the headphones yesterday, I started finding coins as usual, the only thing I did different was not use headphones.
I should mention that my Ace 250 is new, the headphones are not. My son used to own the headphones, he gave these to me.
okay enough whining, I'm going out there today, gonna be 80 deg.....can't wait.

Oh yeah, man. You'll get better at pinpointing with practice. And it's always good to invest in a decent set of headphones with a volume control. Best of luck to you. Have fun and happy hunting.:wiggle:

I did use ear buds with no volume control pinpointing did not work well for me until I got the entry level headphones with a volume controls. For me it made a big difference I set the volume where I could hear the different tones instead of being blasted by the Ace's strong output volume. Finding more because I hear what the signals are telling me.

Exactly, I believe you get what you pay for in most things..still working on my "technique" too....I'll invest in good headphones ASAP. Now to find some good search areas.....:clsoedeyes: