Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Could use a little help

petew

I own a mx5.Its the only whites I've ever owned.I have a spyder and 6x10 eclipse.I would like a. Bigger dd for depth.
I have read the d2 had issues, and Ive read the 10x12 will detune my machine.
I prefer round dd coils.But if the self is better I'd get it.I'm leaning towards the d2 coil, but I'd like to hear from anyone with experience. Thanks

I dont own a MX5 but i do own other Whites machines,but from looking at the Whites website the main larger coil that they suggest is the 13'' ULTIMATE coil,it is a very popular all round coil and in my opinion it could be the exact one that you are looking for.

Hi. I did have the MX5 and it really shined when i used the 10x12 sef coil or the 8x6 sef coil. It was deep and did very well in trash. I buy and sell fairly often so i no longer have it. I did not try the 13" ultimate but have heard it does better than the sef.

Thanks for the help...I'm gonna try to find a used sef coil and if not I'll probably uy a new one.
Thanks again.

I use the SEF WSS 5x10 dd coil. Can't tell any difference in depth to the spider but I like the narrow knife blade pattern. I only over lap my swings by an inch or two with it. Ofcourse you soil may be different than what I search in around the Charleston area. The weight is not as much the d2 I think. Seems like is one of the cpmplaints I have read of d2 users. Never used the other SEF coils but the above comments sounds good.