Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Could this be a VERY RARE pewter 1932 item ?

Antique lover

I was going through a box of old item I have had for many years the other day. I forgot I had this.It is about 6 inches tall. made of solid pewter.It is some type of tanker (I think). It is dated 1932 . It has " ILA " then a flag. 1932 Annual Regatta Put-IN -Bay , then "C K class". I think a regatta is some sort of boat racing. The back of it as : Donor Comm. Otto Barthel D.Y.C. .My wife had it at a yard sale last week for a $1 BUT no one bought it. I AM GLAD ! I tried to find some info on it on Google but there is to much about Regattas Or I am not doing it right. PLEASE any info would be great to know !

Go to google and type in Put-In-Bay, Ohio. Its an island in Lake Erie. They do hold sailboat regattas there. You might be able to contact the race committee and get some information on the tankard.

Maybe a few leads:

1924 Otto F. Barthel, DYC

http://i-lya.org/pages/about-i-lya/past-commodores.php

Otto Barthel D.Y.C. = (Detroit Yacht Club?)

http://drya.org/

ILA= (Inter Lake Association?)

http://i-lya.org/pages/links.php

LOL!! It was in a garage sale and didn't sell for a dollar!!! Without knowing anything about it,,people who collect steins,,,,would love to have this in their collection. And there are allot of them collecting!!

I had a garage sale this spring. Put a huge very old Cambells soup kettle out for sale. While I was putting up signs for the sale down the road. My GF sold it to someone,a earlybird, for $8 because I did not have a price on it yet !!
I was gone 5 minutes,, when I got back,,first thing I went to do was put a price on that item,,,and it was gone!!!! They go on E-bay for $150- $200. LOL. OOPs.
Obviously my GF had no idea of its worth. When I asked where it was ,,,she said,,someone offered her $5 for it and she talked them up to $8. When I told her,,I was laughing and I told her not to worry about it. What else ya gonna do??? It happens. Someone got a great deal!!!

DYC....Detroit Yaght Club located on Belle Isle in the detroit river or on Lake Erie..........NGE

detroit yc still around and put-in bay is in erie not sure if its in ohio side or michigan border area between the two?