Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

COULD I DISCRIMINATE WITH THE PI DETECTORS???

The Garrett Infinium will filter iron, but from what I understand, it's not anything like the excellent discrimination you would be used to with a Tesoro or any other VLF machine. PI machines are very sensitive to small targets, so prepare to dig a lot.

A PI machine with good discrimination is still the holy grail of detectors.

Dan

You can get a little discrimination with PI`s. You will usually get a double signal when swept in a particular direction.
I allways sweep the coild in an X pattern and listen for a good solid signal before digging.
It`s a judgement call and sometimes I dig the double signals if they dont repeat but Ive found the doubles are mostli iron and bobbypins.
Good luck out there.

[quote dan b]The Garrett Infinium will filter iron, but from what I understand, it's not anything like the excellent discrimination you would be used to with a Tesoro or any other VLF machine. PI machines are very sensitive to small targets, so prepare to dig a lot.

A PI machine with good discrimination is still the holy grail of detectors.

Dan[/quote]

And I agree with Dan, However I like the disc., on my Garrett MarkII. Standard and what they call discrete. Have found it to work dang good finding Nickles and small 10-14KT rings, land or water.
No it will not match up to the disc., on a VLF detector however for a PI it's great for whats out there at this time.

Just my
2cents.gif

HH

GaryL .... :garrett::detecting: