Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cortes screen weirdness

chef50

Anyone ever have the screen on their Cortes start fashing every signal screen in it's memory....like some kind of news ticker gone mad????....
This started with my 5.75 coil, which I took back to my dealer and her sent it back for me....problem solved, until yesterday...started all over again....I put it back in the truck and helped my friend learn his new Ace 250....we went back to the truck after an hour or so...turned mine back on and it worked fine for the rest of the day....Beats the heck out of me whats going on....any ideas??
Steve in Tenn.

[quote chef50]Anyone ever have the screen on their Cortes start fashing every signal screen in it's memory....like some kind of news ticker gone mad????....
This started with my 5.75 coil, which I took back to my dealer and her sent it back for me....problem solved, until yesterday...started all over again....I put it back in the truck and helped my friend learn his new Ace 250....we went back to the truck after an hour or so...turned mine back on and it worked fine for the rest of the day....Beats the heck out of me whats going on....any ideas??
Steve in Tenn.[/quote]

I had my DeLeon TID go nuts on me one day and then I looked up (something I rarely do) and overhead were high power lines! I walked about 200 feet and it worked fine.

I had this happen once way out in the middle of nowhere. Found out the air force conducted "secret weapon" tests in the area. I believe it because you hear and see fighter jets all the time over there.

RF interference is a major cause of TID trouble. Sometimes you won't even be able to see the source.

under ground power lines can do this. We have lots of them in our area........the effect is accelerated when it has rained recently!!

Invisible dog fencing will make most any detector usless too.

J