Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cortes comparison

findit

if i already have a cibola and vaquero would a Cortes really help me out any? i know it has tid but i like to hunt with sound only as i like to generally dig just about everything. i don't know if i could get used to relying on the meter knowing in the back of my mind it could be fooled. but does the Cortes have any other advantages over the others that would help? also would like to here some experiences with tid if anybody seen where it was fooled.

As is true with all TID machines the Cortes's meter is often fooled. It is just the nature of MDing. Canslaw often comes up in the $1 coin range, gold can be almost anywhere from iron to zinc pennies. I will say this though, after a little practice you usually have a pretty good idea if a target is good or not. The machine sounds in combination with the meter give you very good idea.

I don't think form all I have read about the Tesoro "Hot" machines like the C and V that the Cortes will get you any extra depth. In fact the C and V may be a little deeper than the Cortes.

I love my Cortes, the only reason I have considered purchasing an additional machine is to get some extra depth. IMO the perfect machine would be a Cortes with manual GB in both modes and the depth of the Tejon and the multi-tone capability of the Golden.

Back to your question, If you find value in the information the display can give, the Cortes is an excellent addition to your arsenal.

I would buy a machine like that from Tesoro without question. There are rumors circulating that Tesoro is working on a new TID machine. I think it's probably safe to assume it would have the HOT technology, but whether it will be multi-tonal is anyones guess.

Dan