Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Correction from previous post - Week at oceanfront over with diamond rings!:clapping:

wesbeach

I took my new diamond/gemstone tester on a visit to my family and they wanted me to try it out on some of their stones. I tried it on some that were known to be diamonds, but the tester was not saying diamond. This model of diamond/gemstone tester does refer to a possibility of being out of calibration if it undergoes too much heat and provided a calibration procedure that I followed. After the calibration, I re-tested their stones and they read diamond. I tested other types of stones and they read correctly for amethyst, quartz, ruby, topaz... One larger stone in a ring of my mother's that she had been told was Cubic Zirconia ended up registering as a diamond and she was quite pleased. Another stone that she had purchased as being an amethyst ended up registering as sapphire.

After the calibration, I re-tested the stones in the gold rings I had found, and three rings came up as diamond rings! :bouncy: The diamonds were all very small stones. One ring tested as having a ruby surrounded by small diamonds. The larger stones in the other rings all came up with a glass reading which also seems to be the reading for Cubic Zirconia since my mother had a CZ ring that read as glass.

My father who has now been married over 50 years and has not taken his wedding band off for years just in the past month had to have his ring cut off because of swelling in his fingers. One of the CZ rings I had found was just the right size for him, so I ended up giving that to him.

All in all, this ended up being a very productive week at the oceanfront!!